Lochaber British Championship Round

allymo73

Yes there will be 7 sections within 300 yards of the main car park- start area and a further 5 sections about an easy 10- 12 min walk along the forestry road or take your mountain bikes and halve the time

Edited by allymo73

Yes there is still the last section in the car park.I recieved a phone call from the Forestry Comission today and they are no longer going to allow us the use of a mini-bus to shuttle spectators along the short stretch of forestry road.

So a message to spectators and Minders.The distance between the 2 groups takes about 10-12 mins on an easy stroll along a pritty flat forestry road so i would even recomend taking a Mountain bike and this would half the time to 5 mins.The lap is probably slightly longer than the one we used at the Mound in kinlochleven.

Yeah, piece of cake mate. I think they are using the main burn used in the Scottish and WTC rounds plus another closer to Fort William. Park at the Gondola lift the sections start about 100 yards away on the right hand side of the car park as you look towards Aonach Mhor. If I'm wrong I'm sure Allymo73 will give you a better description.

This isn't that clear to me, from someone who hasn't been up that way before. So to clarify, is it up Glen Nevis I drive ?? http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=56.821359,-5.094226&spn=0.003664,0.011362&t=m&z=17&layer=c&cbll=56.821359,-5.094226&panoid=BWNcSGemC7NYlpijMcqHBQ&cbp=12,87.74,,1,8.63

Championship-Dabill-Brown-Haslam-Danby-Richardson-Morphet-Wigg-Morton-Robinson-Wiggins-Brain-Thorpe-Disney-Kendrew-Austermuhle-Evans-luter-Clark-Pearson-Phillipson-Chilton-Fry-Stay-Macdonald-Sadler-Dexter-Conner-Sunter-Harvey-Cox-Bolt-Price.

Youth-Walker-Waite-Stones-Bullock-Bullock-

Expert-Edwards-Crinson-Battensby-Cottingham-Ablewhite-Smith-Timperley-Boocock-Graham-Horner-Pickard-Hick-Blackman-Katie Sunter-Moss-Lee-Milner-Potter-Afleck-Bristow-Regan-Reid-Anderson-Huskinson-Woods-Sadler....

Edited by allymo73

for a couple of years there has been a practise lap where they have a ride in the sections, not too sure why.

Never quite got my head round that one myself...

From the outcome of the riders meeting in Feb "The Practice session, the day before the event, will be retained however the duration will be increased to 3hrs to accommodate the envisaged increase in the number of Entries."

67 entries at a British round, now you're talking! Can't wait for the practice tomorrow, best trials ground on the planet... Fort Bill here I come!

The breakfast at Myrtlebank (good old Rodger) is to die for, bring it on!

Big John