Bantam - Pointers, Mods, Advice?

bantam_dave21

Hi all,

I'm about ready to embark on my bantam trials machine. I've had her tucked away in the garage a good few years now. Someone has had a go at her before but a bit cowboy'esque !! She has what I believe are Montesa adjustable damping forks and wheel set up. With (somewhere) the swing arm and adapters to fit this also. But it doesn't seem entirely British, I'm all for using what works the best but I think I would like to keep it at least looking like it could have come out of the BSA factory.

So then questions....heaps of them if anyone could help. Just a few for now:

- Where do I start with frame mods, lifting the reas sub doesn't seam too difficult but I'm concerned with front end mods, as if you get it wrong the rake angle of the forks wouldn't work? Or is that a myth?

- Where does everyone buy all these trick looking exhausts and other similar stuff, half of the pictures I see make you think 'yep i want one' but not something you ever see for sale.

- Do I scrap the standard rear wheel arrangement?

Many thanks in advance guys,

Regards,

Dave

clever pieces of engineering these bikes are, but bantams?well i rode in the 50s&60s & i never saw bantams like these, they were a joke in my day,in my opinion it would be cheaper to stick bsa stickers on a modern bike & cut out the middle man, that should stir them up, ahbuurr the real sound of a bantam

From what I've heard recently about what a Bantam is (can be/is concealed within the engine cases) .. starting with a Bantam is the wrong way to build a Bantam for trials... I think its a Fantic 200 that you need to start with!