Queue Jumping = Cheating... Simple!

4ourtea

Evening all - I just want to know what you all think about the alarmingly popular habit of queue jumping?

The reason I ask is that I have done a few trials recently where certain riders seem to think it is perfectly acceptable to snort off to the front of the "field", tear-ar*e around the lap of sections, bypass any queues and gain an advantage by riding sections out of sequence. I guess you lads up north don't see any harm in this when the sections are rocky and don't deteriorate. However, South of Birmingham where mud is the norm, roaring off round a course like some demented enduro rider, completing 3 laps in the time it takes most other riders to properly ride one lap and picking off the sections that are going to slick up big style before the top comes off them just seems plain unfair and unsportsmanlike. Of course the people that do this probably don't have the ability to beat everyone else on a "fair and level playing field" basis, and are also hell bent on winning at all costs - just so they can claim the win and put another plastic moulded trophy on their mantlepieces. I have a name for that sort of rider...

Cheating bast*rd !!! :moon:

What do you guys think??? Am I over-reacting? I always thought this was meant to be a competition in which sportsmen compete :blink:

doesnt sound to fair ,but i will say if a rider is smoking a fag in front of me or has an overly smoking bike i will park myself in front of them to prevent the inhalation of fumes

why not go to the back of the queue instead of pushing in?

Evening all - I just want to know what you all think about the alarmingly popular habit of queue jumping?

The reason I ask is that I have done a few trials recently where certain riders seem to think it is perfectly acceptable to snort off to the front of the "field", tear-ar*e around the lap of sections, bypass any queues and gain an advantage by riding sections out of sequence. I guess you lads up north don't see any harm in this when the sections are rocky and don't deteriorate. However, South of Birmingham where mud is the norm, roaring off round a course like some demented enduro rider, completing 3 laps in the time it takes most other riders to properly ride one lap and picking off the sections that are going to slick up big style before the top comes off them just seems plain unfair and unsportsmanlike. Of course the people that do this probably don't have the ability to beat everyone else on a "fair and level playing field" basis, and are also hell bent on winning at all costs - just so they can claim the win and put another plastic moulded trophy on their mantlepieces. I have a name for that sort of rider...

What do you guys think??? Am I over-reacting? I always thought this was meant to be a competition in which sportsmen compete :blink:

There's two different issues here.

Rushing around the course to gain an advantage is acceptable, in a wet muddy trial this can make a huge difference, however it is against the rules to ride the sections out of order. If you see evidence of this, you are within your right to bring it to the attention of the Clerk of the Course who should take the appropriate action.

Pushing in at the front of the queue is not against the rules, but it is against trials etiquette and should be discouraged. Riders who regularly do this are often 'thick skinned' and consider it their right and won't give a damn what you say, but if enough people make a comment, it is likely to have some effect.

Always avoid confrontation when possible, a polite "Excuse me, there's a queue here" might do the trick.

I've seen a rider kicked over into a bush for queue pushing, everyone cheered and he looked a fool but the person doing the kicking (he kicked the bikes rear wheel, not the rider) was in the wrong and that's worse than queue umping.

to avoid ques some clubs up here have different start

sections the one i rode on sunday was

easy start at section 1

clubmen start at section 5

hard start at section 10

which did work queing wasnt that bad, i must admit if there are

15 or more riders queing at a section i will come back to it

but for me its more of me not sat wasteing time rather than gaining

any advantage. there was a father and son that seem to push in

which doesnet bode well for the sport if they are been tought

to push in from a early age

jsp

If it had not been for the date at the top of the page,

I would have thought you where talking about Sammy Miller in the mid 1970s

in the southern centre !

not a new problem ; I recall the origin of a famous phrase;.. we were getting to the end of the Manx 2 day when a guy pushed in...to our amazement a normally meek and quite guy ..Gary Scrivens got off his bike went up to the guy and gesticulated a little when he returned we asked what was said he replied I told him where the back end of the queue is and to get there..which he did. I think the moral of dealing with these sort of people is to be as pushy and agressive as they are....really if its a queue and it came to blows the offender would come off the worst no matter how big/hard he is. We have seen it come to blows in centr trials here.

PS wonder if it the same guy?.. I heard a tale on the weekend involving this issue , the COC changed a couple of sections which a guy had done out of turn and therfore the guy had the choice to get in the queue or "miss" the sections.

Edited by chewy

not a new problem ; I recall the origin of a famous phrase;.. we were getting to the end of the Manx 2 day when a guy pushed in...to our amazement a normally meek and quite guy ..Gary Scrivens got off his bike went up to the guy and gesticulated a little when he returned we asked what was said he replied I told him where the back end of the queue is and to get there..which he did. I think the moral of dealing with these sort of people is to be as pushy and agressive as they are....really if its a queue and it came to blows the offender would come off the worst no matter how big/hard he is. We have seen it come to blows in centr trials here.

PS wonder if it the same guy?.. I heard a tale on the weekend involving this issue , the COC changed a couple of sections which a guy had done out of turn and therfore the guy had the choice to get in the queue or "miss" the sections.

It always seems to be the same people who do it... I dont worry too much about it,but a while back I was nudged at a trial to be told a certain rider was trying to push in front of about 5 of us.I just threatened to let the clutch out and flatten him.Obviously the thought of several tons of oily Ariel ontop of him didnt go down to well.He waited his turn....

• Like 1