Queue Jumping = Cheating... Simple!

4ourtea

Not riding sections in order is against the rules (Or it was in the old rules from way back)... so thats exclusion then!

This was quite common by a few so called 'top riders' both in the East Mids centre and Yorkshire Centre a long time ago (20 years!). They'd ride the sections that deteriorate first, then the ones that got better later.... Strangely, they were quite surprised when they were told it was cheating!

Pushing in is just the pusher inners way of saying they think the rest of us are all S**T, so we should treat them with the same respect too!

Edited by Rosey

Not riding sections in order is against the rules (Or it was in the old rules from way back)... so thats exclusion then!

This was quite common by a few so called 'top riders' both in the East Mids centre and Yorkshire Centre a long time ago (20 years!). They'd ride the sections that deteriorate first, then the ones that got better later.... Strangely, they were quite surprised when they were told it was cheating!

Pushing in is just the pusher inners way of saying they think the rest of us are all S**T, so we should treat them with the same respect too!

:rotfl: Like it and very true about the EM centre and it still goes on.

Theres also the advanced queue jumping gambit of parking your bike at the section starts card not quite blocking the entrance but near enough then going for a look and when the sections "just right" as in that rock i couldnt kick out of the way has been moved getting on your bike that just happens to be at the front of the queue and riding the section :chairfall:

going back to what i had mentioned what is folks views on smoking in the queue which can also include children

Oh gawd don't start, I can't see somebody smoking a fag at a trial is going to cause any health issues

considering the amount of smoke a trials bike can produce! I don't have any problem with it so long as

they're not blowing it in my face. ( I'm a none smoker by the way.)

Pushing in on the other hand does p**s me off as nobody inparticular enjoys queuing. I've got no problem

with riders getting the hurry on between sections but if there's a queue it should be joined at the

back regardless of what the rules say.

On the flip side though when you are waiting in a queue you get to meet and chat to new people and in

a lot of cases make new friends, something that the queue jumpers I imagine don't get to do.

So while they may get a slight advantage and may win the trial they've missed out on a possible friendship.

Perhaps we're the winners afterall!

• Like 2

Man, you've all grown a pair since I last broached this subject a couple of years ago :icon_salut: I got shot down in flames for complaining about the 'experts fly-past' .

But it's just not British to jump the queue :banana2:what,what?

It is the main 'niggling' point for me at a trial and I know ,in the past,it's been bad enough for certain people to rap in the official trials competitions and just use their bikes for practice/play only.

I've had a run-in before with someone taking the peepee by 'galactic' queue jumping but what gets said is face-to-face not here on TC.

Just to balance the argument:-I'm not trying to justify anyone's bad manners but I understand there's a select 'few' who dedicate the whole weekend setting up/running a trial that 'we' attend for a few hours...I don't begrudge these individuals my personal space ahead of me in a queue.

Edited by HAM2
  • Like 1

Isn't a queue at a section another way of describing a load of mates who can have a chat? I think we sometimes see these things the wrong way.

I am often under time pressure to get home before I'm noticed missing, but it's wrong of me to assume that my time is any more precious than anyone else's. Queue jumping is just not cricket...

going back to what i had mentioned what is folks views on smoking in the queue which can also include children

good grief, when there's 20+ bikes in a queue on a warm summers evening in a wood, one silk cut aint gonna do much more harm is it? if your that worried about the smoke, read the warning lables on a bottle of PJ1, they make it sound like Anthrax. :stoned:

• Like 1

Oh gawd don't start, I can't see somebody smoking a fag at a trial is going to cause any health issues

considering the amount of smoke a trials bike can produce! I don't have any problem with it so long as

they're not blowing it in my face. ( I'm a none smoker by the way.)

Pushing in on the other hand does p**s me off as nobody inparticular enjoys queuing. I've got no problem

with riders getting the hurry on between sections but if there's a queue it should be joined at the

back regardless of what the rules say.

On the flip side though when you are waiting in a queue you get to meet and chat to new people and in

a lot of cases make new friends, something that the queue jumpers I imagine don't get to do.

So while they may get a slight advantage and may win the trial they've missed out on a possible friendship.

Perhaps we're the winners afterall!

A couple of riders in our centre spring to mind with the pushing in. They are not very social guys, have few mates and have finished, packed up and gone home by the time the rest get finished which is just fine with the rest of us....

I am against people que jumping. But I dont Always jump to conclusions when I see someone do it. I have had it were something has gone wrong with the Bike and it has lost me a lot of time and the sections closed at a certain time so for one lap I have asked at sections if I can go in front so I can make up time and still finish. Obveusly poeple at the back of the que wount be able to hear me ask that and may jump to the conclusion that I was some youth been disrespectful. So if i see someone else I dont striaght away asume the worst any more. If they are seen doing it at a few club trials every other weekend though they will be told!

Would also like to agree on the making friends in ques, I have slowly got to know near enough everyone envolved with trials in my local area just by chatting in ques. There is always a lot of banter had whilst walking sections and in ques so the poeple who choose to fly round and miss that then its there own fault!

you'll mean dave thorpe then.

Fisher Trophy trial some years back he tried sneaking past the queue with little room, to his left the stream. Well his balance failed him and in he went head first into the cold January stream, came back up with helmet full of ice cold water, poor bugger but i had to bit my lip.