New To Trials With An Old Bike

kuma

Greetings, I have a vintage '82? Fantic Trial 300, mostly all there in need of some restoration, shock rebuild, fork seals, paint?

I have had this bike for a number of years but is a little different than what I am used to.

I ride an aluminum frame '01 CR250 with a CR500 engine, predominantly in the sand dunes, Glamis and Dumont in California. recently made a trip to Arizona with a group doing alot more technical stuff, boy was I out of my comfort zone.

long story made shorter, I figured I would bring out the old girl and setup some obsticals in the yard and learn a different style of riding.

This seems to be the place :icon_salut:

Look around your local area , there are a few trials clubs close to you , Contact www.socaltrials.com comes to mind . And if my memory still works , I think the oldest your 300 can be is a late 83 or a 84 model . Fantics are great bikes and learning trials will make you a all around better rider .

​ I conquered competition hill at glamis on a TL125 honda way back in the early 70's ... But I only weighed about a 100 lbs back then ! And I do remember how hot that bike got on a cool thanksgiving weekend . Long before glamis turned into the carnival it became in later years ...

Good luck with the bike , all the parts are out there and available , you just have to hunt for them !!!

Glenn