Video Of Highly Modified 199a

tightwoods

The bike was rebuild / modified by Jesús Bellindo Simon from SeccioR in Spain,

he don't have the video but some pics from the bike on his site.

They are pretty good in what they do maybe little bit wild compared to the other

builders in Spain but their work, (expecially for exhausts), is exellent.

I know what you mean in terms of appearance, not my cup of tea at all, that one. Don't like the white tank, blue frame combination, or the rear silencer. If I was going to modify that and was clever enough I'd make the 'box' section half as deep. Once the baffles are removed and replaced with conventional internals it doesn't need to that big. The 'less blinged' Puma bikes look much nicer.

Rear hub is a 247 Cota I think but I've no idea why the torque arm is arranged like that. My 340 came with a 247 wheel in and it wasn't like that... Big sprocket is a mystery too.

Front yokes are Pursang/Alpina I think, I'm waiting to try some on my other 340 but the top ring locating pin in the piston has somehow moved itself into the piston whilst it has been sitting on the bench for the last 6 months so now the ring won't locate. All attempts to tease it back out have failed so I'm now at a loss. Trying the Alpina yokes, which are parallel, is therefore on hold...

By frame mods, do you mean the swingarm pivot? To be honest, with a good set of modern shocks, the back end works really well. I always found the back end of the Bultos dead in feeling. With the Magicals on my 340 it is massively improved with lots of feel. Not sure the pivot mods are required these days with modern shocks and tyres. Only change I'd make is cut the rear loop off 'B' style and ideally get a swingarm made in square section, like the 'B' model, as I really, really, hate the look of those 'A' swingarms...

As already mentioned a ... "little bit wild" ..., I personal don't like the rims for tubless tires.

The paint scheme is not mine either.

I personal would have choosen a contemporary Grimeca hubs if a replacement has to be done, (Personal, I'am pleased with the original ones that does the work in adequate way, far for of beeing very good.)

To the sprocket I believe the rear sprocket got so big as the brake has now changed the side from the left to the right side which decreased the diameter for the mounts of the rear secundary sprocket dramatical which doesn't look familiar to a Sherpa. Second the original ratio front sprocket to rear sprocket is 11 to 39 teeth. With the replaced hub there where probably only rear sprockets priceworthy available for them with around 45 to 46 teeth, (haven't counted the theeth in the pic?).

As we don't know which front sprocket they used and I believe they just mounted a bigger sprocket in front to get the same ratio again. (the ratios: 11 - 39 and 12 - 42 and 13 - 46 are nearly equal.) That they did not have made a custom sprocket back may be a money problem, this look not so nice / unbalacend.

The size of the rear exhaust is not designed by appereance???

There are sections of holetubes with insulation and voids separeted through metal baffles inside.

The volume of the voids and lenghts and diameter of the tubes and holutubes are the result of a harmonization to the engine. As the behavior of a port controlled two-stroke engine is by a high ratio controlled by the exhaust system.

The bike runs very well and the video is still at www.zonatrial.net but changed place.

To find the video you have

- to click on the left menu: video galeria on the main page,

- then scroll down where the videos can be choosen, under the topic video galeria, there click on: Ver más video en Video Galeria...

- then there is on the lower left side again a menu named: SELECCIONA VIDEO here click on: outdoor(58)

- then click on: Avanzar...>> until the video from 26/02/2010 will show up: there it is now.

<i completly agree the torque arm isn't very nice done, there are certainly better solution possible, again this detail looks unbalanced.

Anyway the bike performs well as the video shows, (certainly 80% are the skills of the rider), the engine sounds good, it looks so too as the engine is much better adjusted to the throttle and responds much better.

I personal would not go so far in modifying the Sherpa as much as shown in the video or photos.

At first I will keep the original status of the bike for myself and for my descendants, (sadly the intrests in my family in trial is beside of me very low, but this might change, you never know here). So they can, -if they want- get the full experience how the bike worked when original/standard back then. I therefore first rebuilded my bike to original spec's.

When there is a bright chance for getting some additional used components of the bike priceworthy I get them and rebuild + modify them contemporary, just as a hobby or in personal interest.

As already mentioned a ... "little bit wild" ..., I personal don't like the rims for tubless tires.

The paint scheme is not mine either.

I personal would have choosen a contemporary Grimeca hubs if a replacement has to be done, (Personal, I'am pleased with the original ones that does the work in adequate way, far for of beeing very good.)

To the sprocket I believe the rear sprocket got so big as the brake has now changed the side from the left to the right side which decreased the diameter for the mounts of the rear secundary sprocket dramatical which doesn't look familiar to a Sherpa. Second the original ratio front sprocket to rear sprocket is 11 to 39 teeth. With the replaced hub there where probably only rear sprockets priceworthy available for them with around 45 to 46 teeth, (haven't counted the theeth in the pic?).

As we don't know which front sprocket they used and I believe they just mounted a bigger sprocket in front to get the same ratio again. (the ratios: 11 - 39 and 12 - 42 and 13 - 46 are nearly equal.) That they did not have made a custom sprocket back may be a money problem, this look not so nice / unbalacend.

The size of the rear exhaust is not designed by appereance???

There are sections of holetubes with insulation and voids separeted through metal baffles inside.

The volume of the voids and lenghts and diameter of the tubes and holutubes are the result of a harmonization to the engine. As the behavior of a port controlled two-stroke engine is by a high ratio controlled by the exhaust system.

The bike runs very well and the video is still at www.zonatrial.net but changed place.

To find the video you have

- to click on the left menu: video galeria on the main page,

- then scroll down where the videos can be choosen, under the topic video galeria, there click on: Ver más video en Video Galeria...

- then there is on the lower left side again a menu named: SELECCIONA VIDEO here click on: outdoor(58)

- then click on: Avanzar...>> until the video from 26/02/2010 will show up: there it is now.

<i completly agree the torque arm isn't very nice done, there are certainly better solution possible, again this detail looks unbalanced.

Anyway the bike performs well as the video shows, (certainly 80% are the skills of the rider), the engine sounds good, it looks so too as the engine is much better adjusted to the throttle and responds much better.

I personal would not go so far in modifying the Sherpa as much as shown in the video or photos.

At first I will keep the original status of the bike for myself and for my descendants, (sadly the intrests in my family in trial is beside of me very low, but this might change, you never know here). So they can, -if they want- get the full experience how the bike worked when original/standard back then. I therefore first rebuilded my bike to original spec's.

When there is a bright chance for getting some additional used components of the bike priceworthy I get them and rebuild + modify them contemporary, just as a hobby or in personal interest.

did all that still couldnt find the video :wall:

did all that still couldnt find the video :wall:

Sadly some the pages on Zonatrial are flash, ActivX, script or whatever based?, so there is no solid link to go directly to the video.

You just have to look up the menues and press the mentioned buttons.

Maybe your internet browser don't allow active scripting, flash, ... look up your internet settings or put Zonatrial.net to the trustworthy sites for your browser.

Sadly some the pages on Zonatrial are flash, ActivX, script or whatever based?, so there is no solid link to go directly to the video.

You just have to look up the menues and press the mentioned buttons.

Maybe your internet browser don't allow active scripting, flash, ... look up your internet settings or put Zonatrial.net to the trustworthy sites for your browser.

It's a flash video, (btw: you have to press several times on the Avanzar...>> button until the video from 26.02.2010 will show up), if you have a stand alone Flash Player then this link might too help: http://www.zonatrial.net/video/38.flv

The upload will take some time as mostly the complete video will have to be uploaded befor your player start, (the video file is 23.6 MB).