Sherco Engine Torque Values Quick Reference

copemech

I finally took the time to compile this list. As many of these numbers are scattered throughout the manuals, here is a quick ref for all. Feel free to copy, and hopefully we can pin this!

Crankshaft Flywheel Nut 73 lb/ft (100 n/m)

Crankshaft Primary Drive Gear Nut 73 lb/ft (100 n/m)

Clutch Basket Nut 45 lb/ft (60 n/m)

Cylinder Base Nuts 16 lb/ft, 192 lb/in (22 n/m)

Cylinder Head[nuts or bolts] 7 lb/ft, 84 lb/in (10 n/m)

Clutch Spring Retaining Bolts 5 lb/ft, 60 lb/in (7 n/m)

Engine Case Bolts 6mm dia. (including right main cover) 8 lb/ft, 96 lb/in (11 n/m) This measure would apply to other external bolts of 6mm dia. such as intake and exhaust.

Engine Outer Cover Bolts 5mm dia. (including water pump cover) 5 lb/ft, 60 lb/in (7 n/m) Note: Plastic flywheel cover should only be snugged up as the plastic will distort.

ps- As I have never found an official ruling on the 5mm stator plate bolts. These are a bit different due to the slots in the plate and the washers that may tend to bend a bit. One may want to use caution and just nip them up by hand and possibly apply a drop of blue locktite to the thread to hopefully insure they are not loosened by vibration.

Comments or suggestions are welcomed, as I have done my best to insure accuracy here. There could be slight variences in the metric conversion values, however these are a non- issue as they are less than the variences in a certified torque wrench. And I am not responsible for Any Of It! Specs are for clean dry threads in good condition and use of anti-sieze or other compounds may effect these numbers. Use good judgement and common sense and refer to the manuals!

Cheers,

MC

• Like 4

Does anyone remember the % torque reductions for loctite and anti-seize?

'Cos only Pepe and Gaston, at the factory, put those bolts in dry :hyper:

Yes and no. Fact is I usualy give everything a decent clean prior to assembly. I only put in the note as a precaution and common sense should prevail here. You will not find that in the manuals.

I seem to recall reductions of 10-15% or so as a rule for lubricated threads, could be more, as a steel bolt may pull threads right out a ali case! One does not want to overdoo them. If it does not feel right, it probably is not! Yet not everyone has tons of experience at running bolts by feel.

• 3 months later...

• 4 years later...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

My name is Clemens and i am from Austria (sorry, my englisch is not so good).

I drive a 17er Sherco ST Factory 250. The manual is not detailed and the screw torques are not described.

Can anyone tell me who are the values for the frame, fork, chassis, swingarm, egine, chainring .........

Thanks

Clemens

• 1 month later...

• 1 year later...