Bike Insurance

Does any one know where i can insure my classic trials bikes against theft?

i dont have a road liscence so cant get insurance under that all i want is to be able to put my classic off road bikes under my home insurance but alas i cant find a company which will allow me to do it.

any help much appreciated

james

trawled all the home insurance policies in january looking for some one willing to insure unregistered or incomplete bikes.. nothing doing. no one would cover parts even ( even though the policies all include garage contents value of 2500 ish i was catagorically told that did not cover motorvehicle parts) push bikes no problems 5 grand no problem ( marks and spencer ) no need even to chain them up just lock them in the garage..

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

MCE insurance advertise in TMX "theft insurance for your off road bike" give them a try.

Also you could try MSM they do off road bikes.

TLTEL

I have just called MCE who have said that they do offer "laid-up" cover for fire and theft for unregistered bikes. They don't cover parts or anything else, just the bike itself. Unfortunately their system was down so couldn't do a quote at the time.

Looking at the FJ website, their laid up cover requires the bike to have a SORN, so no use if it is not road registered.