Tys125 Big Bore Kit.

tricky2

What exactly is evolved in fitting a 163cc kit, i can buy the kit from BJ Racing,do i have to completely strip the engine to get machining done or just take Head and cylinder off.Any more info much appreciated.

Edited by Tricky2

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 months later...

• 2 months later...

Having trouble getting any reply from B J Racing, is there any were else to buy 143cc big bore kit.

If your emailing them they may not get back with you the quickest as they possibly aren't all that internet savvy. Although, there should be no problem with email. Im sure if you gave them a call they could help you out though.

Edited by jtrials31

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 year later...

• 3 weeks later...

I used a kit from the supplier on ebay (a well known man in trials in the north east) on my 175 (originally a 163cc version) and the kit I fitted has taken the engine to 195cc, it works very well, I had to take balance shaft out of the engine and machine the cylinder head to open out the combustion chamber, also have a mitani titanium exhaust fitted, seems a lot of work and money to spend on an old bike but I really like the bike and it now has the power (more than I could have hoped for) to compete in some of the harder trials, it also took me ages to get the carb just right, went through different jets, both pilot and main and tried three different needles, now runs spot on but is still a little high on compression, I may make a spacer plate to put under cylinder base,

(now got tennis elbow preventing me ride it ! how's yer luck eh ?)