Xs Or Xxs Helmets?!?

smokey125

I was after a bit of advice from any one who might of had the same problem!

We are trying to find a helmet for my wife.

In a Shoei road helmet she takes an XXS and it fits really nice. The current Shoei catalogue doesn't seem to list an open face helmet!

We have tried Wolf XS too big, Hebo S too big.

I know a trials helmet is never going to fit like a face helmet but we need to find something that doesn't fall off with the strap done up as the above sizes have done.

Does anybody know of any helmets that might come up smaller than the one's I've mentioned?

Thanks for the info. Nice to know we aren't the only ones stuggling!

Splatshop, how do the Jitsie helmets compare to the Wolf ones they look very simular! Are they simular size? Also how do Nau sizes compare to Jitsie? Do the Nau come up smaller than the Jitsie?

To be honest we have never had a Wolf one in the shop to try on so I can't help you with that, the Nau helmets tend to be tight fitting from new but the padding seams to form to the shape of your head after a few times out then they are a nice comfy fit.

The best thing to do would be to try one, if nobody has one locally we can send you a helmet through the post and if it doesn't fit you can return it for a refund.

• 4 weeks later...

Just to let people know where we got to with this.

Managed to find a local supplier for Nau helmets (section 5 web site but they are just up to road from us so we could go and try them, thanks Roger) only had a small in at the time which was a little big. They got an XS in for us which fitted. So I now have a very happy wife.

For anybody who has problems with small helmets I would certainly recommend looking at the Nau they definitely come up smaller than most other makes.

Thanks for the advice guys it was really useful.

• 2 years later...

Hi guys

can anyone offer any advice, I notice the wulfsport airflo helmet states on the box it is an adult helmet.

The internal 52-53cm or whatever it is fits my boy, but the helmet looks big and heavy on him.

Can you get smaller size helmets, not just big lids with more padding ??

wulfsport_zps0afdf9f5.jpg

wulfsportweb_zpsa0d4d9bd.jpg

Hi guys

can anyone offer any advice, I notice the wulfsport airflo helmet states on the box it is an adult helmet.

The internal 52-53cm or whatever it is fits my boy, but the helmet looks big and heavy on him.

Can you get smaller size helmets, not just big lids with more padding ??

wulfsport_zps0afdf9f5.jpg

wulfsportweb_zpsa0d4d9bd.jpg

A lot of the cheaper helmets only come in one shell size