2003 Caliper On A 2000 Model ?

ar22

Yes it will bolt right on, I have done this and was happy with the results. It wont be a lot more powerful than the 2 pot but is more progressive in feel and power, allowing for more control.

thanks

I'm not sure if the choice of master cylinder affects the outcome? :blink:

Sit back and let your uncle Wayne recite one of his fables from the past:-

I remember (many moons ago) someone adding a 4 pot AJP? calliper to a Grimeca master-cylinder and the results were so poor (dead feeling) that he changed back to a double piston set up. :(

I'm not sure if the choice of master cylinder affects the outcome? :blink:

Sit back and let your uncle Wayne recite one of his fables from the past:-

I remember (many moons ago) someone adding a 4 pot AJP? calliper to a Grimeca master-cylinder and the results were so poor (dead feeling) that he changed back to a double piston set up. :(

ok you have just put me off

thinking I might just spoil the bike with a set of front pads, the ones in it are 10 years old so may be a bit glazed !

since wear is not an issue to me

what the best pads that make the bike stop

what the best pads that make the bike stop

FWIW in my experience the best pads I tried were the Braking pads.

Whatever pads you have you can improve matters by getting the disc nice and hot by riding around with the brake on, then throwing some cold water over it all. Don't ask me the technical aspects of why/how it works - it just does!

If that still doesn't do the trick the one thing that made my single pot Grimeca brakes work well was to ditch the old Grimeca master cylinder and put a new 4RT AJP master cylinder on. Reasonably expensive but compared to having a cr4p brake with a variable biting point, worth every penny.

I spent quite a time with poor brakes and tried re-building everything. Nothing made any difference except changing the M/C. I think the bore gets worn so even putting a seal kit in doesn't make much difference.

Just my thoughts. I hope you get satisfaction..

Edited by Wherry