Decompresor

bondy

In the end o the 70's when I started with trials as a young teenager. Some riders using bikes like Montesa and Bultaco, (the SWM had a Deco as standard), had them fittig I because they make starting easier and you could use the deco as brake too when going down steep downhill.

I believe it was more a fashion then really something extremly useful, (a deco does make starting easier for sure, also today).

art

I had one fitted to an early 325 The head has to be machined for another 14mm plug hole there is advantages dropping down long hills but when released the engine fires up with a surge using up the unburnt fuel and can put you off balance The can also get dirt on the seat and stick open Plus the head gets fuel and oil sprayed over it

thank you all you have cleared that up i wont bother i just remeber as a teenager my mate had a Montesa with a decompresor i thought it was cool. i only had a suzuki 125 road bike witch i made into a trials bike. then i got a honda tlr 200 in 1987 it was like new regret geting rid of it know but i was young at the time ah oh