Bike In A Estate Possible?

alfjamesrichardson

Hi all

I am interested in to getting into trials got places to ride etc my problem is transport I have a Audi A6 Allroad so pretty decent sized boot with seats collapsed and i wondered if it is possible to fit a bike in there, obvisoly wheels and possibly forks would be removed. Just wondering what people experiences are?

Thanks James

• Like 1

dont think about it.. if you have the tow bar get a bike rack. getting the bike into the back might physically be possible but how practical is it to get out and put back in once filthy.. what will you do with the fuel in th etank that will spill out what about the oil that will be spilt

not a practical or therotically sensible solution even for a one off.. sorry.

in 20 years the best i ve seen is a bloke who used to take his bike on a sidecar!

I used to fit a TYZ Yam into a 1982 VW Polo (Estate version) just by undoing the handlebars and removing the fuel tank. Rear wheel first with the back seats removed, then the edge of the front wheel used to just poke out under the hatch. People used to look twice but it was dead easy. I'd say go for it. If your bike gets dirty, just put a cloth down - job done!

I have had a gas gas in the back of a saab estate, first bike we had before I had a trailer, just took the fuel tank off and removed the front wheel, went straight in.

I have a removable tow bar as well but no racks to suit, not that i've found anyway, if you do find a rack solution let me know please :)

Cheers for all the replies guys must be the friendliest forum I've been on.

I have had a gas gas in the back of a saab estate, first bike we had before I had a trailer, just took the fuel tank off and removed the front wheel, went straight in.

I have a removable tow bar as well but no racks to suit, not that i've found anyway, if you do find a rack solution let me know please :)

I haven't had any luck finding a rack that will fit the euro hitch either not for motorbikes anyway Thule do a bicycle one.

• Like 1