Twinshock Classes

dgraf

just curious, what is the most difficult line for twinshock....... maybe I'm getting old, but many moons ago I seem to recall expert or master class was quite a challenge to ride, I love riding vintage class but sometimes I wish for

nastier sections. No I don't have the money for a modern bike, however the modern sections are a little much to

splater on old school bikes(weight) anyone else feel this way? I have done most of the mods I can (i.e. drilled spokes for lightness).....unless someone wants to donate a "peril kt250 frame.

not too sincerly yours

dgraf

just curious, what is the most difficult line for twinshock....... maybe I'm getting old, but many moons ago I seem to recall expert or master class was quite a challenge to ride, I love riding vintage class but sometimes I wish for

nastier sections. No I don't have the money for a modern bike, however the modern sections are a little much to

splater on old school bikes(weight) anyone else feel this way? I have done most of the mods I can (i.e. drilled spokes for lightness).....unless someone wants to donate a "peril kt250 frame.

not too sincerly yours

dgraf

go try a trials, if you are winning the class move up, it's no different than as if you were riding a modern bike, I expect Toni could clean the Master or pro line at any event on my twinshock Montesa, I prefer to compete against other twinshock bikes myself, fortunatly our state series offers 2 vintage lines, vintage runs the novice line and vintage expert rides the ameteur line, the ameteur line is challenging enough to pull some points. I can ride intermediate line on the montesa but it's no fun to me riding against modern bikes

Edited by MotoVintage

From your profile, I don't know were you live but if in the US then I would recomend riding some of the ITSA events. They offer three lines and the expert line should offer you the chalange you want.

Also wonder about your "drilled spokes" :wall:

In our club , MTR (ITSA sanctioned and insured :)) Modern or twinshock pick a class and ride it ... We all ride the same Lines , be it novice , intermediate or expert ... The score keepers separate the novice twinshock from the modern novice etc. etc. And I want to see the drilled spokes too ... post a photo of that please ?

Glenn

okay updated my profile 1. I already ride vintage expert. 2. I see you ride with the austin club. 3. If you own the white Montesa you beat me by 6 points at Rio Bravo. 4. the original line was stolen from a Dirt Bike magazine editorial "From the Saddle"(Super Hunky) " I worked on the Maico all

night......nothing was left to chance.......spokes were drilled for lightness etc etc. 5. No I'm not trying to make anyone mad, but if anyone might be interested for a "vintage masters class" without the "no stop rule " I'm in. just trying to get some rider input about this.

Thanks again.

okay updated my profile 1. I already ride vintage expert. 2. I see you ride with the austin club. 3. If you own the white Montesa you beat me by 6 points at Rio Bravo. 4. the original line was stolen from a Dirt Bike magazine editorial "From the Saddle"(Super Hunky) " I worked on the Maico all

night......nothing was left to chance.......spokes were drilled for lightness etc etc. 5. No I'm not trying to make anyone mad, but if anyone might be interested for a "vintage masters class" without the "no stop rule " I'm in. just trying to get some rider input about this.

Thanks again.

yes that was me on the white montesa, I have thought a lot abought a vintage Master class also, I like riding the morning sections since moving to vintage, I am not interested in riding afternoon sections on the old bike, I have been trying to figure out how to incorporate air cooled mono's into the vintage sceene, maybe if there was enough interest there could be a vintage master class that includes air cooled mono's as well as twinshock bikes riding the intermediate line, have you done any events in the state series this year? I havn't competed since the rio event, looking to get healthy again and start riding again, I am planning to ride the Harvest classic, if all goes as planned

Yes,please bring the aircooled mono"s as well.......I just want to see more vintage class riders. I'm not saying saying we have to make another line as far as the sections go......... just add something nasty at the end (large rock,log or vertical climb or drop off) and if you don't want to try ride the last obstacle,be humble and take a "five". see ya at the next rio event (too broke to hit the full state series...maybe buisness will pick up and I might be able to hit one round)

dgraf.

I can ride intermediate line on the montesa but it's no fun to me riding against modern bikes

That statement seems odd to me. I always think that trials is about me mastering the sections and I want to ride the most challenging sections within my capabilities.

The only disadvantage I see to riding intermediate lines on a vintage bike is that some of the riders may resent it when you outscore them on their new bikes.

Edited by motovita

sixth post down item taken from dirt bike magazine editorial "from the saddle" (aka Super Hunky) one of the true dirt biker legends.

there is a book he wrote a lot of his stories makes for good reading the book is called "Monkey Butt" will make you appreciate all of your

past dirt bike woes or problems.

That statement seems odd to me. I always think that trials is about me mastering the sections and I want to ride the most challenging sections within my capabilities.

The only disadvantage I see to riding intermediate lines on a vintage bike is that some of the riders may resent it when you outscore them on their new bikes.

I do like the challenge of an intermediate line on the vintage bike.

I dont think it's fun to get smoked by a kid 1/4 my age on a 50 pound lighter bike with twice the power, suspension, & brakes,

Well there's a defeatist attitude.

I'm not sure what your trying to say but I've been competing trials for over 30 years, (kinda been there done that ya know what I mean) I'm just in it for the FUN, I don't really care abought winning or loosing, I do like competetion, not even sure what a "defeatist attitude" means but Im pretty sure it doesn't pertain to me. if you can't see the comparison I was making, ..well ...nuff said.......