What's The Best 125 2012

struttf

All of them do the job. Sherco is smaller and the problems with fuelling seem to be sorted so might be better for a Small rider. However the Beta and Gas Gas are pretty much even. The Gasser remains the Trickier with the Beta not far behind. Many seem to be going the Ohlins route on the Beta lately and it seems to be slightly better on power whereas the Gasser is revvier. It's pretty much a case of they are all pretty well sorted and problems seem to be down to bad OEM components or bad manitenence. I would try them all if you can and choose the one the rider is most comfortable on.

• Like 1

thanks for the good honest answer telecat that put it in to perspective of what there like i will take your advice and see what feels right when you ride it because i suppose its diffrent for every thanks for the suggestions :)

while looking around a bit more i have seen that beta's seem to have a lot of stator problems what isn't what you want while your in an event

so im looking at sherco and gas gas what does anyone know about aftermarket services are like and any experiences thanks

Your best bet is to ride each manufacturer , they have different power deliveries . Sherco probably the smoothest power Curve Beta the sharpest but you really need to try to see what's best for you .

If your Stator did go but these we mostly on the Rev 3 beta would replace it free.

while looking around a bit more i have seen that beta's seem to have a lot of stator problems what isn't what you want while your in an event

so im looking at sherco and gas gas what does anyone know about aftermarket services are like and any experiences thanks

Are you buying new or second hand? If warranty is an issue for you buy from a reliable dealer.

Pop and have a chat with me at the open day this saturday at mount farm.

sorry nigel can't come down Saturday :( go to go with the family do you own a shop then? i would like to buy a new one in a few months when the 2013 are coming out and the 2012 is cheaper ( don't think that effects the warranty) i was going to do it then because i would have had my lessons with alexz wigg and will be on the red route by then (less chance of dropping it as im nearly there now :)

if beta do replace the stators for free that's good but how comes there going if none of the other companies have the problem and its bound to go in an a event

but i think now its a matter of what suites me when im riding thanks guys didn't know the situation was like this i thought that there would be a clear winner but it just seems to be that you go for what you like to ride because there all quite reliable good running bikes

Haven't heard of a stator going in a while on a Beta and John Lampkin is pretty good regarding backup so don't let that put you off. It is pretty confusing but you'll find most riders are happy with their "brand" mainly due to them being comfortable on the bike.