191 Std Bore And Oversizes?

colinf

Thanks to Woody's suggestion i contacted John Collins about 2nd hand barrel and head for my 191,he's pretty sure he can sort one out for me.Can someone tell me what the Standard bore is and what the oversizes are please.

Cheers, on a related issue John also said there were pattern pistons that went beyond the genuine ones max oversize.Anyone had any experience of these? As i haven't got a barrel to look at i'm not sure how much meat they have on them beyond the +1mm.

Just spoke to peter at Bultaco UK today about pistons for my 191 and as i'm in the process of sourcing a second hand barrel for it i asked which ones were compatible.The barrels on 159, 183 and 191 models are the same but the timing is different on the '78 on 199,199A.

I don't think the pistons are different because i was told that the 325cc barrels could be bored out to take the 340cc pistons and their oversizes.The porting must be different if the timing is so i suppose the position of the inlet and exhaust could differ as well.