How Do I Get It Up?

Hi all,

Im in need of a bit of help, I'm a learner to put it in laymans terms, im practicing my balance, not too bad, I can wheelie and get over obstacles while moving but can't do it from a standing start, I think I'm scared of flipping it, any pointers?

Spend some time (hour/days/weeks/months/years) riding and get some experience. As you get better...then try new things. Don't expect to be able to do everything from the start, and just go out and have fun. As your balance and timing improves - new things will be much easier to pick up.

Edited by 1oldbanjo

We all want to do things that we can't.. how boring it would be if one could just do it all ( a la Tony Bou?) enjoy the journey because the destination is not allways all it's made out to be.

I've got a bit of a cheek telling someone else to practice what I can't be 4r5ed to do mesel but.......practice your wheelies and 'kill' the front wheel rising by applying the rear brake.

That should calm your eebie-jeebies when you think you're gonna' flip it.

The big lads(not me) can use that technique to go past the vertical ..safely. :o

• 4 weeks later...