Beta Rev 3 Cutting Out

fredro

My 200 Beta rev 3is doing the same It started to do this after the last section of the trial half way up the hill I thought at the time it was a plug, water or dirt in carb as it misses at higher revs Havent traced the fault yet

Experienced similar issues twice last season, on my 03 270 Rev3. Only fix was to completely strip the carb and blow out every orifice, jet, and passage with an aerosol carb cleaner.

Edited by nh014

My kill switch is the yamaha type and has been disconnected cleaned the carb out again cleaned the coil connetions new plug re moved the flywheel cleaned inside checked wiring from stator it was rewound a while back but the bike has not been used much Will run it up again tonight

Have a look at your reeds as well. You may have a damaged one. If they are just slightly open though it's not a problem as they are forced shut by air pressure not the springyness of the material.

Is springyness even a word?

Actually I should add the question does it rev properly when slowly brought up to full throttle?

Edited by Dan Williams

Gday, ifit revs up ok slowly, check your ignition coil secondary resistance -measure between the plug cap and the primary wire. Sometimes corrosion at the cap terminal can cause this issue, or a shot coil.

Cheers,

Stork

Install a "spark gap tester" and ride the bike, it let's you increase the gap til spark fails and also ride with it installed, you can watch for loss of spark

If you have spark but the engine is not running, then you do not have an ignition issue

Simple

• 2 weeks later...

hi my beta rev 3 seems to be cutting out wen u give it a fist full. its fine on low revs soon as you give it some pastie it dies an misses any ideas why ?????? weve cleaned out the air filter an carb