Ty175 Rattle, All Out Of Ideas!

goudrons

Generally it is your responsibility to chamfer ports and wash the barrell. At least it is in my part of the world. Is that aluminium on the bore wall? Also, it is unlikely the sleeve is oval as they fit them and then bore and hone to size, so any out of round from the sleeve is rectified. ( I hope that makes sense...)

Stork

Edited by Stork955

Hi all,

Many thanks for all your input, sorry if I seemed a bit blunt with a post or two, I'm a little (read "a lot") P'd Off with the whole experience.

Took me months to get this done and I really thought the engineer knew what he was doing.

But he dragged his feet and I ended up in a row with the bloke, guess it may have been his pay back, now I can see he is a right "Jack T'Lad".

I've my spare piston and barrel to try with a proper Yam piston, that did run ok.

I'll get everything cleaned up first, hopefully there's no other damage to mains or big end.

I can't see me dealing with this bloke again, he took me to and beyond my limit last time, if I deal with him again, it's only going to end badly for both of us.

Even though it rankles, I can bear a bit of pain in the wallet, but I wouldn't want to miss out on my kids for 25 years!

One thing did spring to mind if I can find someone that knows his a*** from his elblow to do it.

The liner is so thick it'll stand boring out to what's generally known to be 200cc. (190 odd is it?)

Anyone know who can do this and make a proper job of it?

Edited by Goudrons

Cleaned it all out and fitted my spare barrel and piston, now she purrs.

Well, except for the clutch rattle, which sounds twice as loud now the engine's quiet!

Need to fine someone to take this other barrel out to 200 now (and do a proper job)

Thanks again everyone.

I would recommend contacting Ian Pebery to do the 200 conversion for you, he has lots of experience with the engine and knows what he is doing when it comes to making the engine perform better with the bigger piston fitted (i.e. cylinder head mods to combustion chamber and squish band) just sticking a bigger piston in can actually stop the engine revving out as well as the standard 175.

Ausy, that's exactly who and what I was thinking.

I've have had a few bits made by Ian and was lucky to meet and chat with him at Telford earlier this year, never heard anything negitive regarding his work.

Maybe it's where I should have started in the first place.

You live and learn I suppose, the lesson cost, but I'm more likely to learn from it!!

Half the work's has been done, ie the liner is thick enough, just need someone finish it properly.

There's no rush for it now, so I'll build up another engine from scratch, I have nearly a complete engine, just short of a crank.

Cheers