Kehin Pwk28 Drain Bolt

nicos

are the two holes on either side of the drain bolt on these carbs ment to align with the two slots inside the float bowl?

if this is the only access for fuel to pass into the main jet,then i might have found the fuel starvation problem ive having on my 11raga.

i took it apart for inspection/cleaning when i saw this,when the bolt is tight,the holes dont line up with the slots.i made new holes and i will try it tomorrow.

The purpose of those holes is to let fluid drain without completely removing the screw. In the installed position, they do not line up with anything, and are in the threaded part of the bowl. :closedeyes:

Edited by copemech

its been an on going jetting problem,

swapped to a richer 3slide 45pilot 122main FJJ needle mid clip,seemed fine for 20min then fuel starving when hopping or going steep downhill.

tank venting ok and no airleaks!

i think you will prefer the 3 slide,on mine it smoothed out that annoying jurking on steady 1/4 throttle.

for me i will try the JJG needle next but the fueling is still a mistery when hopping or on steep decents.

i think you will prefer the 3 slide,on mine it smoothed out that annoying jurking on steady 1/4 throttle.

for me i will try the JJG needle next but the fueling is still a mistery when hopping or on steep decents.

Typically they go rich when hopping and steep decents. I run the OKO at 21.5 float height, but not positive the K will do it. Same but not.

The 2009 Beta Evo had this problem with the Keihin. At first it was thought that the main jet was not getting enough fuel when going downhill or bouncing and extra holes were drilled in the drain plug to align with the slots in the bottom of the float bowl. Then it was found that if the vent/overflow pipe on the tickover screw side was routed upwards above the carb into the plastics above, the problem went.

Maybe the pipe going downwards was causing a siphon at certain times. The next year the pipe was still routed downwards but with a vee cut in the pipe just below the float bowl bracket height. See attached pdf.

Keihin Mods to get over bogging problem.pdf

so i didnt drill through my thumb for nothing then!

i already have the breather tube from the left of the carb routed up and over to the right but the one on the right runs straight down.

i will route that one up and over also but can you pls explain the v cut,do you mean a y fitting with one runing up and another down?

thanks again.