Rev 4 T Long Ride Kit Instructions

martin 305

Hi just got a rev 4 longride kit and the instructions are in german !! :wall: has anyone got a copy of the english ones they could e mail me ?? All fitted but dont want to fill up tank untill i am sure its all fitted ok Many thanks Martin :icon_salut:

I just got one too for my Rev 3. Just fitting it now in fact. There are no instructions on using it though. I assume you have to fill both tanks when you fill up and that the fuel gets used from both at an even rate until you reach reserve on the original tank and at that point the longride tank is dry and you switch to reserve on the main fuel tap and have what's left in the main tank?

Edited by mb4807

Sorry cant find my instructions. From what I remember:

Mounting the tank

- remove the upper shock bolt and replace with supplied bolt (has a threaded hole in the head)

- remove opposite side bolt and replace with supplied bolt (same as shock bolt)

- loosely attach the fuel tank bracket to the tank

- loosely attach the angle brackets to the tank

- unscrew the gas cap and mount the tank

- adjust the bolt so it fits as best as possible, then tighten all the bolts.

Fuel Line

- you will have to cut the fuel line and splice in a "T"

- what did with mine was to review some mesh from the fender, and have some line poking out above the bike, I then put in a single splice to connect to the aux tank - this way I could remove it for competitions.

- you might have to shorten the aux tank line or it will get kinked and you wont get flow.

Usage

- I have the aux tank OFF, until I drain the main tank. That way I know how much fuel I have gone through.

Hope this helps.

Yes you need to pull the tank for filter maintenance. I pull mine on/off all the time. Undo the gas cap, undo two bolts, then disconnect the fuel line. NOTE: I put a barbed junction in the fuel line between the aux tank and the plastics on the bike. This makes it much easier to take the tank off. If you want to remove the tank and then use the bike "au naturel" (e.g. a competition) you will have to plug the fitting.

I've fitted and used mine now, and I'm impressed! - Barely notice it is there when doing trials type stuff, but the added fuel and ability to sit down for short sections of trail is awesome! - I just ran the aux tank until empty, with the main tank off, then when I ran the aux dry I swapped to the main tank.

I've fitted and used mine now, and I'm impressed! - Barely notice it is there when doing trials type stuff, but the added fuel and ability to sit down for short sections of trail is awesome! - I just ran the aux tank until empty, with the main tank off, then when I ran the aux dry I swapped to the main tank.

How do you turn the main tank off mb?

I haven't bought an aux tank (yet!) but the main tank (2012 Evo 4T) has an electric tap which has a manual "on" position plus, confusingly, an "off" setting but which only means that the tap is off IF the engine isn't running, otherwise, when the engine is running, the tap is energised and the fuel flows.

As an aside I find it a nuisance there is no reserve setting on the main tank tap.

Edited by Portman

I haven't bought an aux tank (yet!) but the main tank (2012 Evo 4T) has an electric tap which has a manual "on" position plus, confusingly, an "off" setting but which only means that the tap is off IF the engine isn't running, otherwise, when the engine is running, the tap is energised and the fuel flows.

As an aside I find it a nuisance there is no reserve setting on the main tank tap.

I've got a Rev 3 2 stroke and that's got a good ol' fashioned fuel tap with off/on/res. Fiddly to get to though! And the aux tank has it's own fuel tap too, which is on or off.

Maybe is possible to install and aftermarket fuel tap in the line between the main an the T fitting

universal-fuel-tap-983-p.jpg

so you can choose wich fuel line you want to use, the one that comes from the Aux (wich has its own tap) the one that comes from the main (with the aftermarket tap) or both.

Are you sure that the evo 4t doesn,t have any tap for manually close the gasoline to the carb?

I'm still waiting mine.. :hl:

Edited by trialholic

Maybe is possible to install and aftermarket fuel tap in the line between the main an the T fitting so you can choose wich fuel line you want to use, the one that comes from the Aux (wich has its own tap) the one that comes from the main (with the aftermarket tap) or both.

Are you sure that the evo 4t doesn,t have any tap for manually close the gasoline to the carb?

I'm still waiting mine.. :hl:

Hi trialholic. Since the electric tap "closes" when the engine stops I suspect Beta felt there was no need to also fit a manual closing system.

mb, I've just re-read the thread and realised you guys have Revs so you're lucky, you've got a "proper" tap.

The Beta DOES have a reserve setting (at least my 08 4T does with the electric fuel tap). When the main tank electric tap is switched to OFF (which lets fuel flow only when the engine is running), it will drain the tank to the reserve level. To access the reserve gasoline you have to flip the little lever all the way up to the manual on setting.

When the engine is off and the fuel is in the off, no fuel flows so you shouldn't need to install another valve.