2011 Kickstart

221_matty

Hello

Just bought a 2011 Sherco ST2.5, I love it, however I find the Kickstart lever itself awfully slippy to kick off when you have muddy or wet flat soled boots.

Has anyone experienced this too? Is there and mods I can do to help my boot stay on or any aftermarket Kick Levers?

My fathers montesa has a knobble on the end when keeps your foot on, unfortunately the 2011 doesnt.

I have a 2011 2.9. I find exactly the same as you - my foot slips off the kickstart sometimes too. It doesn't help that they're bl00dy hardy to kick over in the first place. I just make sure I kick 'into' the bike as well as down, that way I slip off less often! Not much help, maybe, but my way round it.....

I have boots that are only a year old!

Grub screws isnt too bad of an Idea, no matter how medieval it would look.

Giving a piece of rubber tube a go this weekend to see if that helps...

The tube all across the lever end might just be too slippery also. You might use a 1/2 to 1" length just at the end so that the center of the boot sole catches the inner edge and acts kinda like a "V" that will keep the boot from sliding off. If you use grub screws, they will have to be quite shallow so as to not weaken the lever and cause it to snap off.

Jon

........ If you use grub screws, they will have to be quite shallow so as to not weaken the lever and cause it to snap off.

Jon

He's right, it's not worth weakening the casting...if you really must mess about with it ,I seem to remember wire-locking 2 or 3 rubber grommets into the little grooves on top of the kick-start.

I'm not taking the peepee about boots, some have a smooth patch in the 'arch' which is no good at all.