Jcm Sr 240 + Forks

original

i'm very slowly getting my JCM SR 240 up and running again with a view to eventually selling it, to raise funds for another project :)

for information- i used to ride it in the early 90's and it hasnt been started since then, before my dad died he started rebuilding it , the frame was powder coated, the fibre glass tank seat cover has been repainted, new JCM piston found and installed and new stickers made, unfortunately he became ill and never finished it. its by no means immaculate but doesnt look to shabby!!

its now running (thanks to a friend) and i'm going to try it out this week......very excited!!!!

does anyone have any idea how much oil should be in the forks, my dad stripped them and had bottoms painted but rebuilt them but never filled them back up.

thanks for any help

wayne

Wayny baby,

Yours are Marzocchi forks exactly the same as my Gassers. I just rebuilt mine and filled them with (if i can remember correctly) 300cc each.

You can always drain a bit out using the bottom phillips screw if you put to much it.

Ill get that other JCM review over to you. :moon:

J

cheers james, the ones you sent me were for the weekend and the europa, any for the SR?

she's now up and running, forks are done and the side stand has been sorted, now what to do with her ??????

DECISIONS DECISIONS

Wayne

cheers james, the ones you sent me were for the weekend and the europa, any for the SR?

she's now up and running, forks are done and the side stand has been sorted, now what to do with her ??????

DECISIONS DECISIONS

Wayne

You have to ride her of course in the Normandale championship and beat Ashley Hall and his flashy Beta (sorry Ash) , win and relive the glory days of JCM and bask in cases of champagne ,dolly girls fame and fortune !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Rose tinted glasses.....no not me ;)

You could be the next retro pin up. The world is crying out for one :hyper: :hyper: Wheres my tablets

When papa was importing the original JCMs and I was a younger version of the gobsh*te I currently am i did point out that JCM stood for Jesus Christ Motorcycles........

and before anybody corrects me yes I do realise its Joel Corroy Motorcycles or Moto. Despite being called Joel he didnt appear to be Supermans dad when i met him ?

keep the faith Wayne !

j,

just sent you a couple of pics of it, would post it on here myself but its far to complicated before first tea break.

put them on and share the JCM love :)

now do i spend money on it or sell as is? probably could do with bars, levers, throttle, tyres, number board, just a general "tarting up" is it worth it?

i'll try and youtube me riding it, please excuse the excessive weight, i'm in training for being a fat g1t.

cheers

Edited by original