Pop-Up Gazebo. Any Experiences?

pete_scorpa3

Not transport, but the bit between transport and riding.

I'm looking to buy a pop-up gazebo to use at events. I know I would not have time/be bothered to put a normal Gazebo up, but a pop-up one may be worth the effort.

I will use it mainly for signing on at our club trials, so it won't be used overnight or anything. But having never seen one in real life, I would appreciate any comments from anyone who has one.

Homebase sell a pop-up Gazebo for £84 with sides but will this be too cheap and cheerfull?

Do they really go up in less than a minute?

Cheers

Pete

Not sure about the quality of the cheaper ones, but I suppose you;ll get what you pay for. One thing to check though is whether you want it to be waterproof or not, the cheaper ones generally don;t have a waterproof fabric, so all that happens is the rain gets sliced up into a fine mist and everything inside just gets wet slowly!

I know from my involvement with the Scooby Clubs it's a case of buy cheap, buy dear with gazebos. A number of the Clubs funded better quality ones by selling advertising space on them. I'd chip in for a TC Ad :)

I know from my involvement with the Scooby Clubs it's a case of buy cheap, buy dear with gazebos. A number of the Clubs funded better quality ones by selling advertising space on them. I'd chip in for a TC Ad :)

Now there's an idea I hadn't considered.

Thanks for that Andy, any idea where the Scooby Clubs got theirs printed?

Thanks for that Andy, any idea where the Scooby Clubs got theirs printed?

I'm afraid I haven't a scooby :rotfl: I'm no longer involved in the club side of things and haven't been for quite a while (still got my Scooby though :D)

They get mangled in a bit of wind.

Yup, confirmed.A mate of mine in the car accessories trade bought a cheap one, for events, which wouldn't stand up in a breeze and he had to wait for the wind to stop blowing before he could pack it away.It was the flimsy scissor action arms that were the problem.

I bought a Kyham garden shelter for my lad for pitting in for his RC racing in 2006 and its still going strong, he used to put it up and down on his own (easier with help), it was over £100 I think they are about £150 now but it was well worth it.

Do search around for decent quality, as the really cheap ones are just that! The ones common here are made ny EZ-UP and the also make commercial grade ones that obviously cost more.

Fact is, any of them may be destroyed if the wind kicks up and the thing goes tumbling. Proper tie down anchors are important!

I have seen cars pulled up along each side and eash corner strapped to the car, yep that works!

Hi

With four people, one on each corner they do take less than 1 min to pop up or down. Go to the local motox track, if you have one near as they use them a lot . they just sit around under one most of the day. then you can see the difference between cheap and expensive.

Hi Guy's .

Hi Pete,

DON'T buy a cheap one, The spars will bend after the first putting up, and you wont close it again without more damage.

Buy the best (industrial type) but beware it is still better to have has many hands as you can, at least one at each corner ,to put the thing up, and watch our for any gusts of wind, also try to find the flatest peice of land you can. just common sence realy?

Regards Charlie