Only Me!

techtone

OK so I thought its about time I did something sensible..... and get a trials bike... so I went out and bought a Beta 4 stroke...

3 weeks later I am getting quite proficient at falling off... although the limp is getting better, the guys in the office are still ripping the pi55... I have even been loaned a copy of Nitro Circus to show me what a wimp I am being...

So yesterday I go for a practice somewhere local and stumble across a couple of guys doing the same (All be it not falling off but mostly fixing them!!) ... and one of them is a fully paid up member of the Tubby Trials Team......and talked me into joining this forum for some 'support'!!

So please help .. does the pain only go once the bike is sold...?

Tony

Welcome Tony,

The pain you are noticing is the natural healing process and, forgive me if I'm wrong, is probably centred around the wallet area. This doesn't diminish, but changes. In the early stages there is a sharp pang as the first bike is purchased, followed by an ongoing dull ache as broken bits are replaced. This then becomes a further dull irritation caused by the onset of competition and the need to a) pay for entries 2) pay for bits to improve your performance and iii) pay for burgers. In the later stages, further acute pain occurs as you realise that one bike is nowhere near enough...

Disregard the physical pain (usually discovered in the shower that evening and known as UTIs, or unspecified trialling injuries), that will heal. A broken mudguard won't fix itself though!

Enjoy my friend; you've come to the right place!

Graham

Disregard the physical pain (usually discovered in the shower that evening and known as UTIs, or unspecified trialling injuries), that will heal. A broken mudguard won't fix itself though!

Graham

I always wondered what those dark spots are ! :)

Glenn

Hi Tony,

Glad you've joined, loads of help on here from people who know a great deal more than me!

but i do know a lot about crashing!

Turns out my stator plate has gone putt!

Rich (TTT)

Graham, I now know what you mean about UTI'S.... Just got back from my first event and peeled the trials trousers off to find a nice array of UTI's... Must remember to keep my feet on the foot pegs !!!!

Rich - you were quite right about the trial being a good one to go to as a newbie . well done Evesham MCC for a good event.

Tony