Rev 3 Shock - Again!

pindie

This is getting annoying.

I contacted Lampkins re a shock re build on my 2007 Rev 3 200 and the reply came " he no longer works here, we can't help".

I had a couple of leads on here re alledged shock repair people but I keep getting the same reply - "ooo, not sure about that one".

Does anyone know of a company that can without doubt re build my shock?

The other option is a replacement. Any ideas on what, where from and how much?

Nope.

Because it is a linkless rear suspension you are stuck with the Paoli (sp?). But because it is linkless ..... Beta had to use a VERY good quality/performance shock. Have it rebuilt and it will be a good perfomer.

They no longer offer this service as the bloke that did them left.

Apparently the shock can only be rebuilt if drilled out and a schrader valve fitted in the hole to re presurise?

I've now tried loads of places and I get the same reply (or none at all) "oh, not that I'm afraid, not sure they can be rebuilt" etc etc.

• 1 month later...

There is a man who can sort the Rev3 (and others including Ohlins) shock!

No schrader valves or bodge jobs but a proper strip, new seals, gas & oil just cost me £80.00 all in!!!!!!!! This included a bottom spherical bearing and seals etc. Oh, he also posted it back in this cost as well.

Shock works like new now and I don't think it's ever felt as sweet as it does now the whole time I have had the bike.

His name - Andy Dawson. His number - 07973 628270

If you need a repair or a freshen up of your shock then give him a call. He is the only person I tried who could do it properly without bodging my shock.