Vivaro Sportive Doublecab, 3 Bikes?

jfc

Can you get three bikes in the new style vivaro spottive/ traffic sport doublecab vans?

If so will it need to be the lwb?

Also any reviews on vivaro or traffic which one?

primastar, had two, lwb and swb better spec.

in a std vivaro/ traffic you can get one bike in length ways with about 5 inch to spare you can get three in total side by side ( maybe 4 head to toe at a push) in the double cabs you can only really get one in diagonally two you d have to have the spanners out and if you took all the wheels off every bike you might get three in.

I've got a 2010 Trafic Sport SWB van, I looked at the crew cab version but there isn't enough rooom in the back for a bike. I've fitted side windows and three seats and have the best of both worlds.

In the week, I have a six seater family vehicle (three kids under 7) then at weekends I can take out one rear seat and get the trials bike in, or all three seats and get three (maybe more) bikes in.

I've been really impressed so far, I chose the Trafic as it has slightly higher spec than the Sportive (alloys, fogs etc) plus it came up at the right money.

Just got back from two steady runs to the Forest of Dean and back (adventure camp for the eldest) and averaged 39.3 mpg. On day to day running it gives more like 36 mpg.

One thing you need to check is the insurance, as I've modified mine with the windows and seats, some companies would not insure it.

All vehicles have issues and I'm sure the Trafic/Vivaro/Primastar are no exception, there are horror stories of injectors and gearbox faults are common on higher mileage examples that have worked for a living.

It's fair to say that it's not VW T5 build quality, but they cost a lot less.

I hope this helps.

Pete

Thanks for your reply, Just got the spec on the LWB and behind the rear seats its 1800 mm, my bikes with the bars on full lock are less than this, not having used vans before (car and 3 bike trailer at present) do you think bikes in the van head to toe and bars on full lock they may fit?

you may get 3 bikes in a lwb two in forward with the bars turned into the middle and one bike down the midlle rear wheel first this is how i used to do it in an old shape scudo pete I stongly disagree about build quality on the t5's had one from new and did not like it at all my traffic is a lot better put together

Yes, I would say the LWB version would be long enough. I also tried a LWB before I bought mine, but they are quite a bit longer which makes it tricky to park. As I use the SWB as my car for 6 days a week, it's good to know that I can get it in a normal car parking space.

I went to a Renault main dealer and tried their demos in both lengths. They even had a very low mileage SWB in stock but once they added the vat, it took it out of my price range.

I was lucky enough to find one with under 6000 miles that didn't have vat (smallcompany went bust) so it was ideal.

you may get 3 bikes in a lwb two in forward with the bars turned into the middle and one bike down the midlle rear wheel first this is how i used to do it in an old shape scudo pete I stongly disagree about build quality on the t5's had one from new and did not like it at all my traffic is a lot better put together

That's intersting to hear, I've never owned a T5 although my better half has a Golf and that's been brilliant. People I know who have T5's swear by them. I simply wasn't prepared to pay the same money for a T5 that would have had 70,000 more miles on the clock.

Came from a lwb vivaro into the T5 and didn't get on with it a all, will say it was more manoverable due to a good steering lock but the driving position and the seats were not for me got it new and got rid after 12 months and got a new traffic instead and would not go back

I've got the LWB Vivaro double cab Sportive

Got it 18 months ago after 8 years with a LWB Sprinter

30,000 miles later I'm glad I downsized

We get two bikes in no problem (nine pushbikes on holiday last year!!)

Mine is 100% factory standard

Not sure about 3 bikes without resorting to removing wheels

Hope this helps

Mike

I've got an 06 trafic lwb but fitted my own seats (or rather CB Motors did)

I meaured the floor area so that the seats were as far back as possible from the front seats but still allowing enough space for 3 bikes in the back.

I'd recommend doing it this way as you end up with 5 or 6 seats and load space you want. Its not as easy to insure but Adrian Flux have insured mine at about £450 from memory, i was paying almost the same for the S reg master I had before the trafic so i'm happy enough with the insurance cost and the van does what I need it to do.

What about a transit, you get amazing spec with loads of toys if you look around and I'm fairly certain the swb is bigger inside than most of the other vans in class, certainly a lot bigger than a transporter. I've just got a 140 limited which is silly fast, averaging 34mpg at 80mph with cruise on has every extra you can think, 2.5yrs old 50k on the clock £9k plus vat.