Punctured Engine Casing

stevieb

Preparing my SY175f for a trial this morning, the bike 'blew over' in the wind and fell onto the left side, the gear lever took the blow and punctured the engine casing, end of day !! :crying:

My problem now is findind a replacement casing & gasket, i know that it is a Yamaha TTR engine, but is this an import and are engine parts easily available ? I haven't have a great deal of joy in the past sourcing Scorpa parts. Other than Birketts, can anyone advise where else I can sort this problem ??

Edited by stevieb

Thanks Archie, the first one does look similar, but it's not the same & the second one, again looks similar and would probably get me out & riding until I could find a new/newer one.

I'll have a good look through Ebay.

stevieb, I think you'll find it's the same casting. The second one does look a bit rough mind (!), but nothing that a bit of high build primer and a silver top coat won't sort.

All the Scorpa four stroke 125/175/200 derivaties are based upon a stock TTR125 engine, and so casings etc., are usually pretty easy to find. The gaskets are pretty expensive, but can usually be re-used if removed carefully.

There is a load of info on this forum on mods to these bikes as well which is worth checking out (if you havn't allready) which is where I got allot of useful info when I got my bike.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to repair the casing to get riding again, but have since bought a new Yamaha casing (£60) and a slightly shorter gear lever (£36) from Birketts.

My mate has ridden my bike & is so impressed he 'has to have one' :marky: but there doesn't seem to be any about for sale, anyone know of a good 175/200f up for grabs please let me know.

Edited by stevieb