94 Techno Shifting Problems

beta_trials

Ok here is the story I was out riding yesterday praticing some advanced lined at a local motorsports park and i was getting ready to ride another section. I down shifted all the way to first and what happened was the gear lever rotated all the way to the ground leaving the bike stuck in first gear. I checked to see if i just stripped the splines but there intact. The lever rotates about 90 degrees free before it even tries to move gears. I understand how this transmissions work in theory however i dont really know what im really looking for as far as what everything should be doing in order to determine what went wrong. Ill get some photos up soon so you guys can see whats going on. Ive looked at the parts diagram for this bike and its not helping. Any info is helpful thanks guys.

Don`t bust a bubble. It is in the shift shaft somewhere. Should not have anything to do with the transmission. Worst case would be a tab on the center case broke off. Need to remove the left case and the clutch it self to get to the linkage. Hopefully it is the shaft only.