Moving Onto Bigger Obstacles.

I've had a pretty productive weekend and have gone from pottering up a few small rocks (no larger than 2ft) to learning the clutch control to get me up some stuff around 4ft.

My problem is I CANNOT cover the rear brake when doing larger obstacles. At the moment being a bit of a newbie I'm not wearing trials specific boots but should this be that much of an issue? I just end up pushing the pedal down a little bit. It's really frustrating as when I've conquered a nice sized rock I would like to be able to stop and control myself before moving on.

Help? :):D

Alan.

I had the same issues,think I was trying to "feel" for the rear brake like on a road bike which was impossible with trials boots on (well for me anyway) After playing around with the position of pedal things have improved a lot. Its now set so that when its fully on my boot is level with the ground, not pointing down. It seems to work for me.

I have this same problem, however I do know if you come from Redcar you usually have a braincell or two missing in the rear braking department.

I think its just getting more comfortable with the bike, as I had the same problem, and Im still trying to 'become one' with the bike which it 10x easier on a push bike to become.

• Like 1