johnnyboxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Bike:2007 Repsol 4RT
  • Club:Richmond & Eboracum

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:36 PM

After reading about another spate of Trials bike thefts, how many people actually insure their bikes?

Not talking about roadgoing insurance, but insurance against theft from home/van/trial

I forgot to re-insure my 4RT for a week, earlier in April this year (Carole Nash forgot to send the reminder) and in hindsight I could have kicked myself

I use Carole Nash for a specific offroad bike policy to cover against theft/fire from home, which includes theft cover whilst travelling to and from a Trial or practise ground whilst in the Van or on a trailer

Costs me £128 per year for £3k's worth of cover - cheap 'piece of mind' in my book, less than a pair of Raptor footpegs :icon_salut:

So do you insure yours and if not............. why not???

Edited by Johnnyboxer, 28 April 2012 - 03:37 PM.

Johnnyboxer

2007 Repsol Montesa 4RT

Ads By Google User is online

Ads By Google
  • Ad Bots

Don't want these Ads? Why not help support TC and sign up as a Trials Central Supporter?

#2 stecks

stecks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Bike:building a big shed

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

So do you insure yours and if not............. why not???

I don't have one yet, but when I do, I will... :thumbup:
ey up!

#3 pete_scorpa3

pete_scorpa3

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 1,607 posts
  • Bike:Scorpa SY250
  • Club:Stratford-Upon-Avon MC&LCC

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

I keep mine insured, even when it is sorned (officially off road) but I have road/trail bikes that are insured anyway. The trials bike only costs and extra £30 on top, so it's a no-brainer.

Pete

#4 fabio

fabio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Bike:montesa 315r

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

keep my Montesa in my shed bolted to concrete base and chained to trailer plus alarm, can't insure it because insurance companies won't cover unless in brick garage. To be honest would rather save £128 per year, bike only worth £1200 ! Saved £500 over last four years!

#5 johnnyboxer

johnnyboxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

keep my Montesa in my shed bolted to concrete base and chained to trailer plus alarm, can't insure it because insurance companies won't cover unless in brick garage. To be honest would rather save £128 per year, bike only worth £1200 ! Saved £500 over last four years!

On a £1200 bike it would maybe be cheaper than £128

Ok if you can afford to lose a £1200 bike, but on a £3k bike for me it's a no-brainer and I would be mightily pee'd off to lose that amount, to a tea-leaf
Johnnyboxer

2007 Repsol Montesa 4RT

#6 pete_scorpa3

pete_scorpa3

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 1,607 posts
  • Bike:Scorpa SY250
  • Club:Stratford-Upon-Avon MC&LCC

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

On a £1200 bike it would maybe be cheaper than £128

Ok if you can afford to lose a £1200 bike, but on a £3k bike for me it's a no-brainer and I would be mightily pee'd off to lose that amount, to a tea-leaf

Yes, on top of the kids bikes, the push bikes, the compressor, the jet washer and all my tools which aren't insured anyway, that would be a bit of a shocker!

#7 fatbastard

fatbastard

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 239 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

keep my Montesa in my shed bolted to concrete base and chained to trailer plus alarm, can't insure it because insurance companies won't cover unless in brick garage.

Compitition Car Insurance will insure you , I had 2 bikes worth 8 grand and was 230 to insure in a wooden shed with ground anchor etc. Both bikes not road registered.

#8 johnnyboxer

johnnyboxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:06 AM

Yes, on top of the kids bikes, the push bikes, the compressor, the jet washer and all my tools which aren't insured anyway, that would be a bit of a shocker!

House insurance?
Johnnyboxer

2007 Repsol Montesa 4RT

#9 johnnyboxer

johnnyboxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

Compitition Car Insurance will insure you , I had 2 bikes worth 8 grand and was 230 to insure in a wooden shed with ground anchor etc. Both bikes not road registered.

Good info for everyone, cheers :-)
Johnnyboxer

2007 Repsol Montesa 4RT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users