Can Someone Talk Me Through The Process

lacey9

if it makes any difference to you we are stop allowed nene valley no stop.

I would be interested to hear which as a beginner you prefer to ride, thanks.

I'm not 100% on the difference to be honest or at least how it affects the trial.

I'm not 100% on the difference to be honest or at least how it affects the trial.

One of the hottest topics on TC with the two factions firmly entrenched in their own beliefs that their way is the only true way.

Best to form your own opinions once you have had chance to ride both.

One of the hottest topics on TC with the two factions firmly entrenched in their own beliefs that their way is the only true way.

Best to form your own opinions once you have had chance to ride both.

Its an interesting comment by Laceythough, as the no stop would have us believe its important to newbies.

As a beginner, stopping is difficult anyway as I haven't learnt how to balance properly yet. :blush:

I assume the no-stop is to prevent people standing there for half an hour trying to get lined up but equally I presume they will need to simplify some more difficult sections to compensate.

As a beginner, stopping is difficult anyway as I haven't learnt how to balance properly yet. :blush:

I assume the no-stop is to prevent people standing there for half an hour trying to get lined up but equally I presume they will need to simplify some more difficult sections to compensate.

:agreed: From my point of view a sensible flowing section which is beginner friendly would teach the beginner about the ability to see a line and plan a route choosing where to apply throttle and brakes would be benificial to their development as a trials rider. Most of the stop allowed faction wouldnt recognise a line if it poked them in the eye. Why should they with stop allowed you dont need to think further than the next couple of mtrs at most. Then again i am one of those believers in no stop. As i said previously both followers have their own entrenched positions. I've been riding off road since i was 12 and even now cant get my head around what the hell you are allowed to do and what you are not allowed to do with stop allowed well apart from it's nigh on impossible to score a 5. So god only knows what a beginner would learn that may be benificial to their future development as a trials rider from their first trial under stop allowed rules but it's not about me it's about someone who used to ride moto cross, a speed sport not a stop start and stop again (repeat ad infinitum) kind of thing, getting into trials.

I am genuinely interrested in what they think of both sorts of trials. More so because they havent yet entrenched their opionions like the rest of us. It's impossible for us to have an unbiased view so i hope Lacey9 tells us how he found it.

:agreed: From my point of view a sensible flowing section which is beginner friendly would teach the beginner about the ability to see a line and plan a route choosing where to apply throttle and brakes would be benificial to their development as a trials rider. Most of the stop allowed faction wouldnt recognise a line if it poked them in the eye. Why should they with stop allowed you dont need to think further than the next couple of mtrs at most. Then again i am one of those believers in no stop. As i said previously both followers have their own entrenched positions. I've been riding off road since i was 12 and even now cant get my head around what the hell you are allowed to do and what you are not allowed to do with stop allowed well apart from it's nigh on impossible to score a 5. So god only knows what a beginner would learn that may be benificial to their future development as a trials rider from their first trial under stop allowed rules but it's not about me it's about someone who used to ride moto cross, a speed sport not a stop start and stop again (repeat ad infinitum) kind of thing, getting into trials.

I am genuinely interrested in what they think of both sorts of trials. More so because they havent yet entrenched their opionions like the rest of us. It's impossible for us to have an unbiased view so i hope Lacey9 tells us how he found it.

This is absolutely untrue.

At last weeks WTC it was all about lines, particularily on the big jumps and before steps.

many beginers find stop allowed better because a momentary pause is not a disaster.

my view is not entrenched at all, I ride both rules and can see the benefits of both in different areas of the country and countries.

What I find difficult to understand is why no stop will improve our sport.

Well, I have to say that I'm already feeling a little disenfranchised. It was the simplicity and elegance of Trials that has drawn me in, but it seems that the notion of riding through a section without dabbing a foot on a motorized bike is something that has become entrenched in complexities and debate.

Seems a shame. I'll let you know what I think of both regardless.

• Like 1

dont be, its wizened old riders that are having this debate, it shouldnt make any difference to your sport/fun.

This very morning we set up a section for practice, some were no stop (my clean) others were stop, no one bothered much we were just riding.......

• Like 1

Well, I have to say that I'm already feeling a little disenfranchised. It was the simplicity and elegance of Trials that has drawn me in, but it seems that the notion of riding through a section without dabbing a foot on a motorized bike is something that has become entrenched in complexities and debate.

Seems a shame. I'll let you know what I think of both regardless.

Please please dont let any of this discussion put you off. As Nigel says it's wizened old riders having a debate. You make your own decision on which you prefer. What is important is the taking part and being on your bike. Debate is healthy! Both sides love their sport and IMHO it's healthy that we have differing opions. Either way we all respect each other even if we dont agree on everything, name me a group of bloke who do ? Trials is a wonderful sport that has given me so much and i love it dearly even though some think it want to destroy it, god knows where they get that from seeing as i put on 12 events a year on my own mostly, so dont take too much notice of the stop no stop debate it's just harmless fun really.

I do sincerely want to know what you think of both disciplines though as i am constantly looking at ways to improve our trials and trials in general. :thumbup:

:agreed:

I prefer to ride stop allowed myself but actually think we should have one set of rules and those should be non stop. So with that in mind, you can tell how confused the debate can be :wall:

I love riding trials, I would ride every weekend if homelife would allow, it's the only form or motorsport where you can ride a brand new most upto date machine and be beaten by a 7 year old on an electric bike and a 76 year old on a 40 year old twin shock! Brilliant!

• Like 1