Fim Take Note.

jordi

it was a great event massive crowds supoerb sections and an atmosphere as good as at any round i have been to.

Perhaps the only side was it was in France and occasionally the biased observing wasn't good to see.

bou should've had a five too on day one which would have made for a more interesting result.

The English lads did well and the championship is better for them being there but the lack of British challengers in juniors is worrying.

The English lads did well and the championship is better for them being there but the lack of British challengers in juniors is worrying.

JS was obviously struggling with his ongoing wrist injury? Wonder if he will be able to mix in the podiums when back to full fitness? But as you say worrying. You would have thought Pol Tarres would have been up there too, but again off the pace, what did the Jotagas perform like?

The only star from British soil was Brad with 2 second places and Luke on Sunday making a top 10 so maybe we need to be looking at the Youth riders and pushing them rather than the Championship/Junior.

No disrespect to Dibs and Pune but 6/7th I think will be about right again for this year if they get a podium then it will be a one off ride I suspect? Wiggy well off the pace, is he doing a full series?

Once again I think it will be Bou's year and a good ride from Raga to win on Saturday, but you have to be consistent to beat Mr Bou and Raga's result on Sunday put Bou leading the championship and maybe thats the way it will stay!!!!

Once again I think it will be Bou's year and a good ride from Raga to win on Saturday, but you have to be consistent to beat Mr Bou and Raga's result on Sunday put Bou leading the championship and maybe thats the way it will stay!!!!

Agree. Raga has the ability, the bike, the team and the backing to win the WTC, but consistency will cost him as we've seen already after 2 events.

He's already 6 points down on Bou after finishing 5th on day 2.

I think to mount a real charge you'd need to be 1st, 2nd or worst case 3rd in every trial to stay in touching distance of Bou.

Raga had his best year (IMO) last year in WTC and won a fair few events - the Dougie Lampkin effect I expect. Raga needs more of this to mount a challenge.

Should be a great season!

Knowing Jack Sheppard well, I know he has it in him to mix it up at the top. This young men has the talent and determination to succeed.All he needs is time on his new bike, something he has sadly been unable to get over the winter. As we say down here"GO JACK GO"

JS was obviously struggling with his ongoing wrist injury? Wonder if he will be able to mix in the podiums when back to full fitness? But as you say worrying. You would have thought Pol Tarres would have been up there too, but again off the pace, what did the Jotagas perform like?

The only star from British soil was Brad with 2 second places and Luke on Sunday making a top 10 so maybe we need to be looking at the Youth riders and pushing them rather than the Championship/Junior.

No disrespect to Dibs and Pune but 6/7th I think will be about right again for this year if they get a podium then it will be a one off ride I suspect? Wiggy well off the pace, is he doing a full series?

Jack Sheppard looked to be going well on the Saturday, but i am guessing the wrist is a long way off mended hence the no-show in the btc and SSDT.

The Jotagas seems ok but pol Tarres although riding very well is a big lad and Ferrer at 22 and moret have lots of experience in this class and will take some beating.

All the riders from Britain are stars, they have worked their way up and Dibs on 6 for his second lap Sunday was right up there, half of fajardos score and matching raga, and a big gap to the next rider. Wiggy was not so much "off the pace" as the scores suggest, making no excuses there is alot of room for improvement, we shall see........

Bou never looked 100% settled from what I saw, his five at section 2 was bizzare, he had a clear 5 on section 7 not given and by the way he looked round at the section end he thought it might have been too. He really struggled first time to get up 11 it looked like his section, but if the section severity stays the same it might not be so easy for him this year.

really great event good sections and close together so you could see them all without walking miles

poor observing in some sections but most observers where doing a great job just the catering was a bit of a disaster

and they should have put a big screen on the central place so one could follow the scores

i hope there is a round in france next year again :P