Fim Take Note.

jordi

Agree with previous comments, great weekend with good sections and excellent viewing. Section 11 sorted the men from the aliens (Moto GP term!) with only Dibs having less than a five. Observing was hitty missy on a calm day one if a flag moved they gave a five regardless of how close you came, on day two with the wind blowing a gale the flags were all flapping away in the wind so by logical extension everyone should have been on a five. Difficult job to interpret the rules sometimes!

(Only a Belgian would complain about the frites eh Bob)!

Raga had his best year (IMO) last year in WTC and won a fair few events - the Dougie Lampkin effect I expect. Raga needs more of this to mount a challenge.

rubbish do you not think the year he won the world championship was a better year- dougie lampkin effect?? Raga is peaked and on the way back down.

Having seen Raga riding and practising in the wtc in recent years I would say he is riding as well as he ever has.

Each year the trials get harder and he consistently has been second for the last five years.

Had it not been for the emergence of Bou he would have won plenty of titles.

• 2 weeks later...

Rip off Britain???

So my family of 4 costs £160 and two are not really that bothered, or is there a family rate?

Be cheaper to send the wife shopping.

Or alternatively you get a full days sport, watching the greatest trials riders on the planet for a mere £20 a day! Compare this with a football match or any other top level event.

Is your glass half full or half empty.

Up to you to decide!

Edited by mattylad

Will be interesting to see what the Aussie sections are like. Have been reading the article about Vesty's bikes in a certain magazine and what is striking is how varied the WTC trials were between countries - some wet and muddy, some dry and hot some more physical than others. All rounds now seem to have exactly the same type of sections - big grippy rocks and not much else. When did you last see a muddy bike in a world round picture? (Bad for the sponsor's stickers eh)?

I know the number of usable venues is restricted due to the requirements of the factory trucks, WiFi connectivity etc, but surely a more varied type of round would be a good thing. Seems we are playing into the hands of the Spanish,look at Nord Vue as a venue. All trials held in summer too.