Fim Take Note.

jordi

You've never been to the polish round then?

Japan has been pretty muddy in recent years.

Italy always go through water.

Spains rounds in baoina and certainly the portugese rounds have mud.

One of the sections in La Bresse was very similar to what we have here in the south.

Nord vue is being used becuase the fim require truck access and they are the only ones to stump up the cash I'm guessing.If you know of a venue that would suit trials and trucks then suggest it

Wi fi is not crucial thats being silly.

You've never been to the polish round then? Correct

Japan has been pretty muddy in recent years. but still big step based sections

Italy always go through water. as above.

Spains rounds in baoina and certainly the portugese rounds have mud. as above

One of the sections in La Bresse was very similar to what we have here in the south. Only one of the sections? I'd love to see a world round that's all snotty banks and roots etc. As things stand now it's a world championship for a fairly restricted type of section. Last year's UK was an exception. Have a look at pics from each of last years rounds and tell me that on the whole the trials don't look incredibly similar. (Exceptions - UK, Japan day 2, and Euro day 2)

Nord vue is being used becuase the fim require truck access and they are the only ones to stump up the cash I'm guessing.If you know of a venue that would suit trials and trucks then suggest it I guess thats my point - trails is essentially a rural sport, seems the FIM are therefore restricting types of venues by insisting on factory trucks.

Wi fi is not crucial thats being silly. OK to be strictly accurate internet connectivity not just WiFi..

Do you think all is well in the FIM WTC? If not what suggestions would you make? You've seen many more rounds than I have so my viewpoint is generally from behind a computer screen. My view is that it's in danger of dying, but from limited info..........

I guess we are used to paying to see stuff in the UK.

In 2004 I went to Puerto Pajares in Asturia for the Spanish round... No spectator entry fee... no parking fee... I was very surprised!

France was OK at 15 Euros for the weekend

UK looks great value at £25 per day!... They ought to charge more!

I just hope that nobody goes to watch :moon:

dont get me wrong I'm not saying we should have wi fi or internet. Without question I'm not saying trucks are a good idea, its just the fim have accomodated them.

Yes it is easy to get the impression that all trials are the same and whilst alot are similar some are very very different which is why I like poland and Northern Ireland, and the usa ( looks different never seen a trial there).

Whatever the sections its the wtc sanctioned by the fim we are where we are and whilst 100 plus entries happened in the 70's it will never happen again.

Things need to change, agreed but simple things like charging riders 220 euros to enter is too much, and making the also rans think twice.

we need crowds we need entries im not sure we need the 20k charge per event, and if there is an entrance fee then surely some o that should go to the riders?

All rounds now seem to have exactly the same type of sections - big grippy rocks and not much else.

I've always thought that the big grippy rocks on Fremmy Edge would make a great World Round. Now if we could get R Bailey esq. to tarmac the show field we'd be on.

The Australian round this weekend will have some amazing terrain :)

The trials.com.au website and its Facebook page will have ongoing info for anyone wanting to follow the action this weekend. There are already practice photos up from today's practice sessions.

Cheers