Sherco 320 4T

scorpa01

could do with a little help not for me for a friend as i have the uber reliable scorpa 250 , any way he has bought one off the above 4T ON A 05 it has the kehien carb and the decompression lever and the exhaust heat guard near the carb but this is still proving to be a utter t**t to start hot or cold , have read a few post on them but no one seems to give a good clear answer on how to solve the problem of the starting issue.

please could anyone put pics or even replys up for everyone to see even vids of your own running cheers .

i had the 07 320 i blanked off hot start device, threwaway plug cap &lead fitted old style plug lead & push on car type plug cap starting then was a lot better but you really needed to lean on a tree, get high on the kickstart & give it a good hefty kick.glad to see the back if i am honest which is a shame because it was fun to ride

but still open to suggestions off anyone all welcome cheers

Rocket fuel :rotfl:

Seriously though .... good luck with that one.... Let us know if you uncover something....You'll make many of owners much happier.

Try the OKO 24mm change ... it's a great carb.

Big bore 4T's can allways be a bit iffy it seems, Bobtlr has indeed raved on the little OKO, and they are inexpensive to boot.

I think it was in '08 they refined the Kiehin further with some different internals, and the one I rode seemed good. As long as the decompressor is working, all it took was a steadt methodical prod, possibly easier than a 2.9.

Assuring good plug and spark are allways key, and usually the rituals will begin with a couple slow prods with choke engaged just tu get things juiced up, then a real prod with NO throttle, they do not seem to like things when folk inadvertantly crack the throttle tube out of habit as is messes the mix up and things go sour.

Finding the ritual specific to a bike can save a lot of effort it seems.

Starting technic

My 3.2 F 2007 always starts very easely. It is a technic with these engines. Do not rush. You have to first let the kickstarter go slowly to the bottom so the piston also gets to bottom position. When cold I always have the choke on. Mine has a 42 pilot and the airmixscrew 360 degrees out from bottom position. Try also 270 degrees out from bottom position. When you press the kickstarter do it even and firm and give throttle when the kickstarter hits the bottom. I do often stand on the bike when I hit the starter. If you do not succed try again in the same manner. Do not rush. Check also the floater hight if this does not helpt.

could do with a little help not for me for a friend as i have the uber reliable scorpa 250 , any way he has bought one off the above 4T ON A 05 it has the kehien carb and the decompression lever and the exhaust heat guard near the carb but this is still proving to be a utter t**t to start hot or cold , have read a few post on them but no one seems to give a good clear answer on how to solve the problem of the starting issue.

please could anyone put pics or even replys up for everyone to see even vids of your own running cheers .

Hello Scorpa01,

Please check your Messenger Conversations for pm.

http://www.shercousa.com/pdfs/kickstart.wmv. :thumbup:

I have a 3.2 2009, starts fine using the above (Climber) push down slow technique. If the bike has been stalled "hot", the first two rotations should be with the throttle wide open, then closed one kick and she's running. One other thing, my 3.2 does not like to start when pointing down hill. Seems like alot of work to get started, but just like my wife, what a great ride when shes running.