240 Footrests

majesty320

As an average clubman rider how important is it to alter the foot rest position on my 240 I have it in bits and have bought some new footrests and a200 top yoke do I really need to alter the position of the footrests and will it make that much difference to a rider like me

Majesty,..IMO, regardless of your ability, the mods you speak of will help the bike turn and handle better for you, or anyone for that matter. Some may argue and say that it is not needed and the bike is fine in stock form and to a point I agree. The bikes are awesome in stock form ! I have one in 100% original form ( maybe 30-40hrs, right down to the grips and bars ),...OK,.. new Mich's installed. I also have one that I restored with the peg ( while your at it make a adjustable brake pedal stop too ) and clamp mod,..also a 5.5 riser bar on mine ( pictures a few pages back). Both bikes are awesome, but without doubt the ( mod ) bike works much better and feels ( almost ) modern. If you have the parts I say go for it !!! :)

As an average clubman rider how important is it to alter the foot rest position on my 240 I have it in bits and have bought some new footrests and a200 top yoke do I really need to alter the position of the footrests and will it make that much difference to a rider like me

Hi Mark,

I think a good footrest job is more important than the head angle. Apart from the fact you can use new wide pegs anyway, getting back and liwer does help....IMHO

I think you have the link to my photos to see how it is done. Raptors are wider, lighter, lower and the dogs dangles... If you are gonna do it properly

Best regards from singapur!

L