Scottish Pre '65

highland lassie

Great result for Davey. Also nice to see so many of my friends get a good result. Well done Javier and congratulations to all the regulars who contribute to TC.

What happened to Wrighty ? :popcorn:

Thanks OTF; I had a very good time shared with the super champion Sandra. She just lost 10 marks on Saturday, and it was her first time on a Cub, didn´t even practice with it before the trial. I am sure she will be gold medal award next year !!!! Brilliant trial this year again with the best of the Scottish weather.

6 pilots (3 from Spain, 2 French and 2 British) were excluded in the technical check just before the start !!!! Imagine their faces when they took their number away just 20 metres away from the start :crying: !!!! At last they could race in a no points, no award basis, but it looks next years excluded will not be allowed to start, so it looks we must be very carefull when filling the entry form !!!

Edited by Greeves

Brilliant ride by Davy. He deserved it so much.

Best wishes to all that rode. I'd ride again next year, bike restoration willing, as I've got to give the one I rode this year back after cleaning it etc, thanks Les!

We were so lucky with weather, it looks a bit rough this week for the other lads and lasses.

Many thanks to all involved in organising the trial, observers and helpers, and spectators etc.

Cheers. Rider 31.

Thanks OTF; I had a very good time shared with the super champion Sandra. She just lost 10 marks on Saturday, and it was her first time on a Cub, didn´t even practice with it before the trial. I am sure she will be gold medal award next year !!!! Brilliant trial this year again with the best of the Scottish weather.

6 pilots (3 from Spain, 2 French and 2 British) were excluded in the technical check just before the start !!!! Imagine their faces when they took their number away just 20 metres away from the start :crying: !!!! At last they could race in a no points, no award basis, but it looks next years excluded will not be allowed to start, so it looks we must be very carefull when filling the entry form !!!

Glad you all had a good time. Shame about the 6 riders excluded but we have debated the pre65 scottish technical issue over and over on here soooooo many times so i wont go there.

Wouldnt it be great to have a woman winner one year? Get Sandra into training NOW !

Lets also make sure the technical regs are read thoroughly and entry forms also next year as it must be heart breaking to travel all that way at such expense only to be excluded on a possible minor infringement.

Anyway thats in the past now lessons learned and a good time was had by all. I'm looking forward to the next time Davey rides at one of our Trials. Be interesting to have a chat with him again.

Joel Corroy simply broke the rules and went the wrong way, he rode the wrong course. Apparently he hurt his knee and wanted to ride with a friend who was doing the opposite lap. It was a misunderstanding, but he accepted the exclusion and put in no protest.

As for bike specification/compliance, it will be tightened up considerably in 2013, this was a warning shot by the organisers this year.

Big John

• Like 2

Just out of interest, why was Joel Correy excluded.. He usually does quite well, and I know its one of his favoured events...

My question also. And no, it is not obvious. Why was he excluded. If you know dbf, please enlighten us. If you dont know, why write such crap?

Update: thanks for the explanation, question answered

Edited by Lee Harris