Beta Rev 3 Won't Kick Start Properly

lordii

I know this topic has probaly been spoken about before but..!!

I have a beta rev 3, year 2001 i think.

I bought this bike over a year ago and havnt been able to ride it due to transport so its been sat in the shed. Now i have transport ive taken the bike out the once.

But it takes like 30+ kicks or so to start the bike, this is my first bike so maybe my kicking isn't so good, ive had a mate try kicking also and it just wont go.

The more kicks the bike seems to try and start, start and cut out, and then finally will start.

Ive read checking carb jets, spark plugs and air filter could be the issue.

Any help would be great, cheers.

HI

If its been sat around in a shed for a year, you will have to get rid of the fuel thats in the tank and clean out the carb. put fresh petrol mix in and it will probably be fine.

TLTEL

I put STP carb cleaner in my KTM tank for the winter and then take it out for a quick blat as I am a fair weather road rider and it keeps the carbs nice and clean with no running problems.

Not so relevant here but it does clean the innards up a bit.

• 2 months later...

• 5 weeks later...

my bike was rebuilt not that long ago it has lodes of spark and lodes of fuel getting to the plug i'v bought?

1.new stator rewind.

2.new CDI box. witch aren't cheep.

3.new ht lead.

4.new reeds.

5.new stop button.

6.new plug.

and it still will not start any answers or solutions does anyone no the carb setting because i think i might be over fueling if that would stop it from running?.

thanks stev

• 2 weeks later...

do you know anyone selling or sells stator plate. just the plate do not want the stator as well for a beta 200cc 2000model because i took it to a garage and the stator plate is cracked and apparently it is sending the timing to cock and iv rang beta uk and they do not make them anymore for this model thanks stev