Best Airbox?

smelling123

Any thoughts on the best airbox?

I would guess they got better with each new release - so I assume the 199/198b are best?. I ask the question because there is an ex Reynolds bulto on ebay from 1983 with the older (mid 70's) airbox fitted - the one with the side mounting foam filter. They must've fitted it for a reason - is it better? Bigger volume?? I'd say its easier to service the filter but that wouldn't have been an issue on a works bike I wouldn't have thought..... :wall:

Hi Stu , most of the works bultos had this airbox fitted as they had a bigger volume than any of the 198/199 types, the filter is probably easier to get to as well , that ex reynolds bike has been for sale for a while now

I`ve seen photos of John Reynolds riding the bult and it was fitted with the original airbox and side panels. Could it be that the airbox has been changed in the years after he used it as the older style would be a lot easier to get hold of.