Thanks

justdrew

Very nice done +10!, I personal like the overall design of the red Sherpas very much, expecial yours with the silver stripe from front to rear on the gas tank.

For which purpose did you the restauration?

Trials riding, trials and road riding, show, twinshock trials comp. ...?

Edited by PSchrauber

The helmet on the chair behind dosn't quite go with the bike :stoned:

Good restoration job!

The Helmet goes with my Vstrom, it doesn't go with my Metralla either.

The only part that was repainted was the swingarm, as you can see the paint on the tank is pretty stuffed, but I'll wait until I've done some rides on it before I lash out on new paint and decals, it's sort of nice having it basically all original except for the swingarm ( it was almost devoid of paint and looked terrible.

Very nice done +10!, I personal like the overall design of the red Sherpas very much, expecial yours with the silver stripe from front to rear on the gas tank.

For which purpose did you the restauration?

Trials riding, trials and road riding, show, twinshock trials comp. ...?

Hi

Originally I did it because I wanted someting to ride on short local historic events but then I decided that if it proves as reliable as my original 158 than it will see some trail riding where my Vstrom won't go. If I can find a twin shock comp up here in North Queensland I just might get back into it again. I sold my TY175 before moving up here, there just wasn't room for it. My next task is getting it past the safety certificate/rego inspection. Then if all goes well I may actually repaint the frame and tank to make it pretty. At the moment it is original apart from the new paint on the swingarm.

100_3877.jpg

Edited by Justdrew

The helmet on the chair behind dosn't quite go with the bike :stoned:

Good restoration job!

Sorry I didn't look too closely at the background, I thought my DS helmet must have been in shot. The straw hat is probably more protective up here in North Queensland where the chance of melanoma is real risk than a motorcycle helmet anyway. :)

• 1 month later...