How Is It

nelly1

Alex Gas Gas ... Dabster... Gas Gas... Alex... Montesa... Dabster ...Montesa... Alex... Sherco ... Dabster ...Sherco ... Alex ...Beta ... Dabster ...Beta... I'd love Alex to get a great deal on a Factory Ossa.......

2 year warranty - fully supported by the importer and manufacturer, free map upgrades, a real "Owners Unity" and knowing that we are at the pointy end of technology.

I do not bag other bikes,, nor makers, that would be easy

Yes, there are quality control issues with all the makers

Starting issues - in General NO. Early 2011 bikes you needed to be a bull elephant to fire them up. Will I get the LSS - NO , do not need it and I am 59 years old and old 70kgs

Alex Gas Gas ... Dabster... Gas Gas... Alex... Montesa... Dabster ...Montesa... Alex... Sherco ... Dabster ...Sherco ... Alex ...Beta ... Dabster ...Beta... I'd love Alex to get a great deal on a Factory Ossa.......

Can you stop making this personal, yes you like your OSSA, nothing wrong with that but its not as if Dabster is actually making stuff up is it?

I don't own an Ossa.... and my post is not personal, I'm not making it up either (although you could be forgiven if you thought I had), just an accurate observation. I don't have posting tourette's, and only post when I smell needless, wind people up, b...sh.t. You just cant argue with a 2 year warranty on a brand new design. Anyway, why is HAM2 a girl on your avatar? Or is that personal?

Yes, there are 16 pages on starting issues, however the first 7 pages seem to be people speaking about individual issues on starting which all seem to have been resolved either with getting easier after some run-in time on the bike, mapping updates, or people modifying their techniques (myself included), then we enter the saga of Deon, which the remaining pages seem to centre around.

When I first got my bike my technique was total crap, but others could start it no problem. Now, with the latest mapping and me improving my technique as best as I can, it maybe takes 3-4 kicks from cold to fire it up.

I have never owned a brand new bike before I bought the OSSA, the warranty and promise of dealer support were definitely factors that supported my purchase and I have to say that the support is second to none, advice, mapping updates without question as soon as available, suggestions on how the bike can be improved to suit my riding style, all of which were greatly received. Fortunately I hve not had to make any use of the warranty to date, but I would be confident that if needed it, it would be readily available. Of course I realize that this may not be the case for everyone, but I am fortunate to live relatively close to my dealer which makes my experience to date a great one.

gas gas no weight and not "zippy" something wrong there. mine has a weight and long pipe and still zippy???

Trouble is too zippy and equals no grip....at least Gas Gas is pretty reliable now only took 10 years......could be worse could have a Jotagas

I don't own an Ossa.... and my post is not personal, I'm not making it up either (although you could be forgiven if you thought I had), just an accurate observation. I don't have posting tourette's, and only post when I smell needless, wind people up, b...sh.t. You just cant argue with a 2 year warranty on a brand new design. Anyway, why is HAM2 a girl on your avatar? Or is that personal?

I think you can argue with a two year warranty, its a financial consolation but if you need to use it then you have probably retired from an event or had your day out spoilt. This to be fair isnt an Ossa only issue, however I think warranty is no substitute for the product being right in the first place and all manufacturers need to start doing better testing of the product they sell to us for between £5000 and £7000 depending on brand.

The thread was from somebody asking how the Ossa compared to their current bike, its perfectly reasonable for that person to get a balanced view from fellow members.

Having known Ham2 for some time i doubt she is offended by my avatar...... Its a hangover from some discussion some years ago but cant even recall what it was about now, may have been her not turning up at a practice session but not sure.

Yes, there are 16 pages on starting issues, however the first 7 pages seem to be people speaking about individual issues on starting which all seem to have been resolved either with getting easier after some run-in time on the bike, mapping updates, or people modifying their techniques (myself included), then we enter the saga of Deon, which the remaining pages seem to centre around.

When I first got my bike my technique was total crap, but others could start it no problem. Now, with the latest mapping and me improving my technique as best as I can, it maybe takes 3-4 kicks from cold to fire it up.

I have never owned a brand new bike before I bought the OSSA, the warranty and promise of dealer support were definitely factors that supported my purchase and I have to say that the support is second to none, advice, mapping updates without question as soon as available, suggestions on how the bike can be improved to suit my riding style, all of which were greatly received. Fortunately I hve not had to make any use of the warranty to date, but I would be confident that if needed it, it would be readily available. Of course I realize that this may not be the case for everyone, but I am fortunate to live relatively close to my dealer which makes my experience to date a great one.

It seems starting issue maybe completely solved with $100 worth of parts from your local electronics store. I'll keep everyone posted on the "hard starting" page but I will sleep tonight one happy lad!