Second Trial!

Hello I am new to trials and after competing in my first trial 20th may I am looking forward to my second on Monday 4th June. I have been practicing and practicing in the field going round in tight circles left and right at a slow idle pace and doing quite well at that. The only time I find I have abit of trouble with and get bit worried about is when it is a slippery surface and I feel my back wheel sliping from under me. I have my rear tyre set so when all my weight is in it it is half way compressed but it still slips and always makes me dab!

Is there any hints or tips you guys can give me to practice and improve?

Many thanks chris

its a confidence thing ( ironicly enough a post i started due to my lack of confidence ) just keep the weight right back and power smooth sometimes the best thing is a mid section shift altho hard for a beginner its beneficial . and try to put power early because momentum just takes u up and if you keep confident youll not dab

during practice try tight turn then obstacle asap because in trials thats where most loose there points

good luck in the future and keep those feet up

I have troubles with that too, I dab when I don't really need to dab

I think finding something that you will slip on predictably and ride it repeatedly, like a rock on an angle that your tire slips off, at least you could get used to the sensation of the back moving around

I also have troubles with running the rear tire over an obstacle while in a tight turn, I think that just takes practice

• Like 1

I ain't very good at getting over tree stumps either. Can do it but not very good ATM on the whole clutch judgment sometimes it wips up abit to much but again think will come with practice

I had a days session at Tricks in the Sticks in Kent.

A great introduction to riding a trials bike and really set up my confidence although I am still sadly lacking in the ability department.

Jason was a good teacher and will tailor it to what you want and can do so no 3ft diameter logs in the first half hour.

http://www.tricksinthesticks.co.uk/