Gas Gas Raga 300

bobbylovely

Hi again more issues with my Gas Gas. This may sound stupid but should I be able to bump start my bike 06 Raga 300. I have tried before on steep hills and all that happens is that the rear wheel locks up. When I have it not running with it in gear and the clutch in, it seems very stiff to wheel around manually. Is this normal. Have just replaced the clutch plates but it did before doing this. To my recollection my old Beta never had this trouble. Any advise, Thanks Rob.

Try bump starting it in second or even third if second doesnt work, and when you let the clutch out, jump up and compress the back wheel down as you let the clutch out, this should help.

More like 4th gear you'd not bump start on Tarmac in 2nd

At least 4th would be my guess also. Newer Trials bikes with light weight, high compression, massive flywheel and low gearing are fairly hard to bump start compared to a "standard" bike,

and the rider is usually on terrain with marginal traction to start with. Choose a gear higher than you think might work.

Jon