Montesa Mh123

gazzaecowarrior

I've been offered a early 80's Montesa 123. It's got full size wheels i.e. 18 & 21. I haven't seen the bike as it is some distance away. Is it a pretty much full sized bike or is it a smaller youth frame ? I don't know much about Monts to be honest. Help would be appreciated as it would save me a wasted journey.

Edited by gazzaecowarrior

It is "full sized" in the terms you quote but smaller than a 250 so lighter. I recall that Brian Hutchinson always had good results in the SSDT on the small Mont. I don't know how far you will have to go but I know of a 200 Mont (same bike, bigger barrel) for sale in Scarborough (not me selling by the way).

Thanks for the responses. It's a lovely looking bike and still has the road going gear. I don't think it's seen much trials. Paid £1200 for it and it needs nothing. I may put some trick shocks on it though. I would be interested to hear of any good mods that can be done to the bike. I've bought it as I had a serious injury riding in feb and Ive decided not to compete anymore. But I would like to marshall a bit and I will use it to ride round the sections whilst doing that. Nice to give something back.