Honda Tl 125

bodare

Having a few problems with my Tl.runs fine when cold starts first kick,but does seem to struggle uphill in higher gears like its dragging,when it's hot it's missing just off idle.tried all fuel and carb cleaning etc.has anyone got any ideas

Thanks

If you happy that the carb is clean check the points The points may be dirty condenser may have a fault or the advance system may be stuck This is driven of the camshaft drive in the head. From memory I think it has two weights and springs to advance the sparks and points cam. Change the plug Check the HT coil circuits / lead and plug cap

• Like 1

Have you another bike to compare to? The little 125 does not make much power to pull other gears up hill. And the miss could be the dreaded 4 stroke cough, you just have to be smooth on the throttle. A lot of people on the 125 geared them lower. And if you have the interest, a 145 or bigger bore kit does wonders.

• Like 1

Have you another bike to compare to? The little 125 does not make much power to pull other gears up hill. And the miss could be the dreaded 4 stroke cough, you just have to be smooth on the throttle. A lot of people on the 125 geared them lower. And if you have the interest, a 145 or bigger bore kit does wonders.

Thanks idont have another to compare, i wish i did.its a long time since I owned a Tl maybe im expecting a bit much,however I will try all the other suggestions cos I just have a hunch it's just not quite right.dont really want to big bore it as its immaculate and original so a bit worried about altering it

If you happy that the carb is clean check the points The points may be dirty condenser may have a fault or the advance system may be stuck This is driven of the camshaft drive in the head. From memory I think it has two weights and springs to advance the sparks and points cam. Change the plug Check the HT coil circuits / lead and plug cap

Thanks,that was going to my next move but wasn't sure,what do you think about the quote below from bash plate...that also sounds just like the problem...how do you know if the needle and needle jjet are shot...needle looks ok???

nothing realy noticable on my mates tl...but he knew it had done a lot of work as he had it new way back when fred flintstone was a kid. it was running fluffy and when we pulled the plug it was well sooty. tried the new needle and needle jet...huge improvement. sure i read this tip on here somewhere. might not be your problem, but worth bearing in mind if nothing else seems to fix it for you.