Death In The Family...........

Bit late?? CofC's have been doing this for a while. Remember Dougie in France a couple of years ago. I have always said that it's possible to take marks off riders without killing them but it still goes on.

Bit late?? CofC's have been doing this for a while. Remember Dougie in France a couple of years ago. I have always said that it's possible to take marks off riders without killing them but it still goes on.

Another good reason for no stop, yet I thought you were totally against the no stop rules?

if you have ssen the photo of the entire fingernail resting on some of the flesh removed with it I think you'd agree its more or less the tip of his finger, I'm assuming the photo posted on facebook is actually fujigas and not a joke.

didnt realise Gubian had lost 8 teeth as well

needs to stop before somebody ends up paralysed or worse......

Edited by baldilocks

couldn't agree more

:agreed:

EDIT...

It was a difficult weekend, and it was a little dangerous. It did not look slippery, but there was no grip on the rock because of the dust. Many riders had big crashes

Tony Bou... Edited by stecks
  • Like 1

Like Anything you can bet whatever rules you run somebody will end up hurt in the "race" to get marks off the top riders. You could ask why so many MotoGP riders have "bits missing" as well? MX riders are equally badly off. In many respects Trials "gets away" with less damage than most.

Dabster i did hear you used to teach maths ? 1 and 8 are not the same my friend...

I have broke teeth before, its not much fun. Trials was once described to me as motorsport for the working man. As a sport we need to go back there, rule number 1 the participants should enjoy the event and be able to work the day after

• Like 2

Update on Loris here

I've seen the photos of the "fingernail" and really wish people would not post photos of injuries and gory stuff online. I'm a bit girly when it comes to that sort of thing... :gay:

Its not new. Big Mart copped an SWM in the face in the US round at Watkins Glen in (I think) 1982 and needed re-constructive surgery. I'm not justifying it just pointing out that it happens. Fuji losong a finger(nail)? Happens every weekend at club trials.

"accidents" are one thing but ALL accidents could have been avoided. It is surely a fair question to ask are the sections getting dangerous? Is this what we want from our sport?

I know we have all read the "Motorsport is dangerous" posters but i must agree with baldilocks comments above. Problem is what takes place at WTC sets the standard for what happens elsewhere. OK as part of the trickle down effect things get diluted but it's still there.

It's funny cos when i was walking a venue the other day looking for sections to lay out for Sunday it suddenly struck me that bits of terrain i would never have considered using a few years ago suddenly seen half as high and nowhere near as hard as they used to.

I suppose the really difficult bit is not making sections potentially harmful to life and limb but still able to take marks and give a winner at the end of the day. At WTC it's a bit different to club level cos i doubt that any of them would ask for a five.

These sort of injuries shouldnt really be happening surely something needs to be looked at?

I can remember reading of Martins accident Tim, I think his clothing got caught in a tree and with the bike still going forwards it pulled him off the edge of the track and down a drop from memory (we are talking about 30 years ago here folks).

I think the difference is now we have a minder fastened to a tree or something, by a rope, trying to catch a bike as it sails past. Problems generally occur when the rider doesnt get within reach of the minder. Plus we have disc covers sprocket gaurds etc but as the sections are much more dangerous we are still seeing the accidents and they tend to be big and expensive, especially for the privateer at say British Champioship.

• Like 1

Dabster i did hear you used to teach maths ? 1 and 8 are not the same my friend...

I have broke teeth before, its not much fun. Trials was once described to me as motorsport for the working man. As a sport we need to go back there, rule number 1 the participants should enjoy the event and be able to work the day after

damaged 4 and stiches in mouth is not 8, agreed. This injury is not nice whatever the count?