Mintex Trial Preparation

top_beta

Hello,

Was just wondering if I need to do any special preparation to my EVO 125 for the coming Mintex trial. I've heard something about changing the mixture in the past but I'd appreciate some advice.

Thanks in advance

Change Oil in box, Check and top up coolant, Tighten all Screws and Bolts. Make sure the Chain is tensioned correctly, clean and lubed.

Check and tighten Rear Suspension bolts and front clamp bolts.

Check That suspension seals are all OK.

Check levels in Brake and Clutch reservoirs again top up if necessary and also don't allow water or dust in to them and keep the covers and gaskets clean.

When replacing tighten to stop then gently fully tighten both sides evenly.

If you are taking it seriously then a Dunlop rear tyre is usual along with slightly higher pressures. if you don't like them a Standard Michelin rather than an X-lite is a good idea.

It's just making sure you have done all the usual stuff but this time being aware of the distance's. If you know of any minor problems get them fixed as the event will probably cause them to become a bigger problem!! Things that can go wrong include Cooling getting tight so keep the rad clear. Take some tape for hoses just in case. Have some spare levers, (Brake, gear and footbrake), Gaffer tape and Tie wraps.

I'd also have plenty of fluids for dry weather, Coffee/Tea for cold and spare clothes especially gloves.

Apart from that have a good time!!

Edited by telecat

Clean spare gloves. Always nice half way through a long day. Even socks if your flash!

And re check all fastners etc.

If your motor runs nice then leave it be. Just remmeber not to just hold it wide open for ages when transiting sections. Respect the motor (if you can on a 125) and it should be ok......