Got One Yet?

trialsrfun

Got one turning up to Club Trials in the Yorkshire Centre. Brakes have been changed to AJP as the rider wanted the feel back. The Shock was under specced for this particular rider so they fitted a tougher spring but that hasn't fixed it so a Ohlins is being built for it. The original rear Swing arm flexes and a new one is being fitted. Engine is ok and a Kehin was fitted which is an upgrade fitted to Ross Danby's bike. Generally it seems reliable and the work is being fixed by Jotagas as development for UK club riders. Generally the lad likes it and he's gettting the support from Jotagas.

• Like 3

Got one turning up to Club Trials in the Yorkshire Centre. Brakes have been changed to AJP as the rider wanted the feel back. The Shock was under specced for this particular rider so they fitted a tougher spring but that hasn't fixed it so a Ohlins is being built for it. The original rear Swing arm flexes and a new one is being fitted. Engine is ok and a Kehin was fitted which is an upgrade fitted to Ross Danby's bike. Generally it seems reliable and the work is being fixed by Jotagas as development for UK club riders. Generally the lad likes it and he's gettting the support from Jotagas.

Belter info Telecat, I wish all grass-roots feedback about new models was like this. :thumbup:

Go to the top of the class :)

Wayne

I have ridden this bike to see what it was like. - Its VERY GOOD INDEED and if I were to consider a 2 Stroke then one would be a strong possibility.

The owner of this bike is winning on it and rides with a big fat grin on his pretty face (sorry mate - couldnt resist !)

The quality is there to see, the lay out of the bike is superb - you can get to everything it would seem easily. Modern bike with out being OTT with gizmo's and features. You can spanner this at home.

The looks are great and the ride is excellent.

Yes this one is modified - but I would expect some of these mods to appear on new bikes soon. Thats not to say the original stuff was wrong - just not to the owners preferance.

Summary - Excellent and well worth considering and will have some manufacturers looking over their shoulders I'm sure.

• 10 months later...

Thinking of buying the Jtg 250/300.

Anyone who's got one that would like to share there impression? How's the bike been since new? Issues? Happy/unhappy with the bikes performance?

If someone has tested the 250 please write a quick review, many thanks in advance!

Seen a few more. The original one I mentioned was replaced by a 2013 300 model and my Son has tried that one, a standard one and a New one with the same mods as the 2012 above. Generally He is is impressed enough by the 2013 model to be looking at a 2014 in the summer. He prefers the standard olle shock as he can adjust it on the "move" and thinks the bike with the standard Carb is the most powerful engined bike out of the box. The Kehin does take it on though. The current 300 is probably a bit quick for a clubman so the 250 would be the best "clubman" option. The "Standard" bike he tried was a 300 that the owner had found a bit too quick after a 2012 300 so they are pushing the development along.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ross Danbys bike is virtually a standard 2013 but with a Kehin carb. The rear sprocket is smaller to raise the gearing slightly in first as this is how he likes it ( I have his old GasGas and that is the same) other than small personal mods everything is as standard. The engine is very strong and has plenty of power. Ross' dad Mick said it is as good as it gets out the crate. A very capable and well built bike.

What is certainly clear is JOTAGAS are very passionate about producing the best bike out there and they listen to the feedback from the punters and act on it.

Ross has just finished 4th in the SSDT which is his best finish yet with no problems. Ross is consistently finishing higher than at any time in his career on a Gasser... and gas gas make good bikes! say no more.

• Like 2

Spot on Atom :agreed:

Jotagas are superb bikes.Ross helps show this by the great result in Scotland SDT. Zero mechanical problems with all riders. The mags and papers tests read all the same. I love mine :wub: . The 2013 model is brilliant.Starts easily. The 300 engine is super smooth with no zippyness and is great for grip.Its not crazy power at all just smooth even if you grab a handful it comes in smooth.The clutch is very light with quite a long drag from in to out. Its not a switch by any standards.Top spec with S3 head and titanium pipe It steers really well. Suspension is spot on but MOST OF ALL it feels sooo light. The front is so easy to pick up and move around. They ironed out occasional problems that occurred on a some of the 2012 bikes(they were all covered under warranty anyway) and ive found Steve and Sarah Saunders ace support when ordering spares plastics :wall: .JTG owners even get free Jordi Tarres and Steve Saunders training days. I mean , its freeking excellent ! I really cant recommend them enough.

Ross has just finished 4th in the SSDT which is his best finish yet with no problems. Ross is consistently finishing higher than at any time in his career on a Gasser... and gas gas make good bikes! say no more.

This seriously does a diservice to ross and gas gas on which he achieved many sucesses at World European and British championship events at many levels previously. The fact that he has matured as a person and a rider, has a super smooth riding style whic suits no stop has in no small way contributed to his achievement at the SSDT.

To say that a Jotagas has done this is not telling the whole story is it?

Well done ross on a great result in the six days.

This seriously does a diservice to ross and gas gas on which he achieved many sucesses at World European and British championship events at many levels previously. The fact that he has matured as a person and a rider, has a super smooth riding style whic suits no stop has in no small way contributed to his achievement at the SSDT.

To say that a Jotagas has done this is not telling the whole story is it?

Well done ross on a great result in the six days.

Just look at his results against his peers in the SSDT and the British Champs. He's now finishing way higher than he ever did before. He even won a round of the British champs. who else has done that recently amongst the full series contenders outside James and Michael? His super smooth style may be a factor along with a few other things but the machine has definitely made a huge difference, not only in its capability, but the team supporting him is strong and focussed.

How many riders have changed machines over the recent years just to go backwards? Ross is the only rider amongst his peers to have significantly improved since changing machines! Fact ! and bloody well deserved too !

Finally, I've said nothing against gasgas expect that they make good bikes and as I have one that can hardly be doing them down can it...

Edited by atomant
  • Like 2

Dabster, that is a ridiculous comment.! He wasn't competing in the WTC in 2012 and when he entered on a JTG, it was still on stop allowed rules which he wasn't riding and hadn't practised and he rode just ONE round! hardly a fair comparison when you compare to all the rounds he rode previous when he was doing the WTC in full. <_<

I will repeat again, To do a fair comparison you need to consider his results against his peers which are significantly better than they were 2011 and before. Riding the 'underpowered' 2012 model, he still managed to come third in the BTC and even beat outright James and Michael at Ruby Rocks. No other English rider done that.

The machine and the JOTAGAS team has definitely had a positive effect on his performance. To claim otherwise shows ignorance in the least

Edited by atomant

psssssst,,, I have recently changed bikes and my performance has improved greatly. The newer bike "fits" me better in terms of power, geometry etc..

I don't see how a top level rider would not benefit from riding a bike that "fits" them best. And if there is better support, than that is just a bonus.

I don't think Atomant was bashing GasGas, he was just pointing out differences in one rider's performance on a different machine. And mentioning what was good about the Jotagas.