Saracen Invader

twinshocked

I will find out.No they were 200cc.The basic engine was the Sachs 175 six speed GS(ISDT)engine outbored to 200ccm with a hevier Flywheel and some more weight on the clutch side.When you orderd the bike you had the option with a Bing or Mikuni Carb.I will find ount how much Invaders where made in the next day's.

Cheers:Mike

We had two in our club. Our first lady rider(that could ride) her number plate had a boy named Sue. If you look real hard it can be found in the book observed trials just for fun by Carl Shipman.

Edited by lineaway

I will find out.No they were 200cc.The basic engine was the Sachs 175 six speed GS(ISDT)engine outbored to 200ccm with a hevier Flywheel and some more weight on the clutch side.When you orderd the bike you had the option with a Bing or Mikuni Carb.I will find ount how much Invaders where made in the next day's.

Thanks Mike

• 1 month later...

Hi Mike, any chance you've found out how many were made? Cheers

• 4 months later...

• 1 year later...

I have a '74 invader with the 200cc Sachs engine fitted.

It seems to have a lot more useable bottom end than the 125 I also have, almost "Fantic 200 like" power.

Obviously the suspension is comparatively dated but it would be interesting to ride it in a twin-shock or classic trial on the clubman route.

Does anyone know which piston was used and where a + size might be sourced?

Basic engine of the 200 is the sachs 6 speed 175ccm gs(180ccm Army engine Hercules)The modified engine for the Saracen got a brass ring on the flywheel and a big weiht on the clutch side.You can run them with very low revs,it got very good bottem end power.

• 1 month later...

hi

my brother and I bought 2 Saracens from john burdon m/cs in 1972

both were sachs 125 alloy barrel engines

local rider brian Johnson rode one for burdon that was heavily modified, because as standard they were useless

we saw jon bliss and david brand competeing in the ssdt that year

my brother also competed

I believe brand owned the factory

himy brother and I bought 2 Saracens from john burdon m/cs in 1972both were sachs 125 alloy barrel engineslocal rider brian Johnson rode one for burdon that was heavily modified, because as standard they were uselesswe saw jon bliss and david brand competeing in the ssdt that yearmy brother also competed

Jack Galloway?

• 4 weeks later...

hi deryk you may not know that my first trials bike was a 125 saracen bored to 150cc and came s/hand the previous owner was david banks the son of that grand old east london dealer and greeves rider monty, it had scottish paint marking on it and i think that david rode it in the trial , it later became one of my outfits , fitted with a slightly detuned triumph daytona motor was asking a bit much of the frame but bill wilkinson welded it back together and enabled me to finish the allan jeffries that year,i became a sort of honary yorkshireman as to the shock of the locals bill did the job for nought, will.

hi

my brother and I bought 2 Saracens from john burdon m/cs in 1972

both were sachs 125 alloy barrel engines

local rider brian Johnson rode one for burdon that was heavily modified, because as standard they were useless

we saw jon bliss and david brand competeing in the ssdt that year

my brother also competed

I believe brand owned the factory

Just one point - Brand didn't own the factory, he rented the space in what had been part of the printing empire, Odhams, building.

I know 'cos I was a director of the company that rented the top floor where we assembled the walkie-talkies used by the emergency services like the Coastguards and the Air/sea rescue squadrons of the Air Force, as well as the units used underground in the mines by their rescue bods.

Cheers

Edited by laird387

• 4 weeks later...